Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Alone or Lonely in E. Europe or Thailand

May 13th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone, I have to be in Turkey for 5 days in July and then I have 10-12 days off to make a great adventure for myself. And since all my friends are married now, I'm forced to do this trip ALONE (and got to do it before I get hooked myself!. I like a bit of everything (sightseeing, beach, etc.) and am thinking of either:
1) Stopover in Amsterdam and check out Prague, Budapest or even Russia; or
2) extra flight to Thailand and visit the islands.

The last thing I want for it to get lonely especially without opposite sex. What do you say, please help??

Thanks alot in advance.
May 13th, 2004, 01:33 PM

You sound Male. Are you male or female?
May 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM

Personally, I'd stay in Turkey. About 10 years ago I spent a month there and it was not enough! It's a wonderful country with lots to see, and the food is great! I was there with a boyfriend at the time, but on occasion, we had different interests and spent some days apart pursuing our own things. Being alone is no problem at all...male or female.

Thailand is one of my favorite countries...I'm sure you'd enjoy that too. Very different from Turkey or any of the other places you mention.

Personally, I'd worry less about the alone part and more about what kind of holiday you want. Pick up some guidebooks and do some research and go from there.

Kim
May 14th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

OK, thanks. I am male (33) and have seen Turkey before. Basically which one of the two options will be more fun for single traveler like me?
May 14th, 2004, 07:28 AM

My personal choice would be Thailand, but I like Asian women.
May 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM

I don't know thier is a strang pattern amsterdam, bangkok, praque.. I kind of daout your'll be too lonely in these cities if you knbow what I mean

but seriously this is a wierd question.. what exactly do you want too know. are you looking too pick up a nice girl or other.

RIchard kind of pegs it. what type of women do you like and from there you can make your itinualry..