Aloha from Siem Riep and Paging Guenmai

Feb 26th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Aloha from Siem Riep and Paging Guenmai

Aloha all!

Well here we are in Siem Riep after our first day with Ponheary. I am waiting for Linda to get ready for dinner and this is the first time I have had to get on a computer.

Guenmai:
We checked out the other three monks that you wanted at River City...they are still there in the back office, not outside in view so they might still be there when you get back. They have the other six monks displayed in the window for 160,000 baht. I asked the manager if she had any monks with orange colored robes and she took me back into her office and showed me "ÿour" other three. The price was 90,000 baht which would include shipping to Hawaii. She then started to tell me about a lady from Los Angeles who bought the other three, wonder who that was . They are beautiful and still there waiting for you. Hurry back!

I have alot to report about Ratt and Nick (on time so far), Marriott hotel and Spa, The Oriental, Jack at Monte Il Sarto (sp), Face Spa(unreal!!!), Spa on the 9th(closed), Peking duck at China House, Zanotti's Restaurant, Auberege Dab,Da at Cotton House and so much more but here comes Linda and my half hour of time is about to run out(slow internet connection). I'll report back when I can get to a better computer with a faster connection.

Ponheary is great. We immediately bonded with her as quickly as we did with
Ratt. She is an amazing person. We are going to a school with her tommorow as we have donated money to outfit a class of 20 for the school year. Will let you know how all that comes out when I can get more time.

So much to tell but got to go now as I am getting the look from my better half

Aloha!

Feb 26th, 2006, 05:43 AM

We look forward to your reports. We are in Saigon, but will be in Siem Reap next week with Ponheary. Have a safe and happy journey.
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:02 AM

HT, good to hear you and Linda are having a great time. Can't wait to hear more.
Feb 26th, 2006, 08:55 AM

HT, it's good to hear from you. I'm dying to hear all the details!
Feb 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM

Spa on 9th closed?? I loved that place!!

Sounds like you are keeping really busy. I can't wait to read all the details!
Lucy
Feb 27th, 2006, 12:18 AM

Looking forward to hearing about your trip! Hope you having a great time
Feb 27th, 2006, 12:13 PM

Thanks a million for checking on my other three monks...my children...who would like to join their siblings in my livingroom...if mama can come up with enough money to get them out of Bangkok in August! They have upped the price. The owner said he planned to sell the other three at 85,000 baht which is what I paid for the first three. Had I bought all six at once, I had gotten the price down to 120,000 baht from the original 180,000 baht. But, I didn't have 120,000 baht at the time. As for the other group of monks...the other orange-clad set, they are smaller and the faces aren't as nice. That's why I skipped that set. Hopefully,my set will still be there in August. Thanks again and have a ball! Happy Travels!
Feb 27th, 2006, 06:05 PM

anxiously awaiting all the upcoming details....enjoy the trip

bob
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:19 PM

HT - Say hello to Ponheary for Jeane and I. We are in Luang Prabang today, heading for Bangkok.
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Details...details...HTs...Did you eat at Basil and if so what did you think? You know how I loved the food. If you ate at Basil and Face which did you like best...for me it was hands down...Basil. Did you get to Tamarind Cafe...I can still taste the food...and did you get to Sonie's for sushi pizza which was fabulous. Also did you do cake at the cake cafe in Emporium? I wish they could Fed-Exp me a couple of pieces. I really miss that cake. I can't wait to hear all the talk! Have a great time. Happy Travels!
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:50 PM

I can't wait to read the rest of your reports!! Enjoy your trip
Feb 28th, 2006, 07:18 PM

mee too, looking forward to your report, reading from Plano,Texas and I can't wait to visit Asia again. Thanks.
Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Aloha everyone:
We are at the Thai VIP Lounge waiting for our flight to Chiang Rai.

Yes Guenmai we ate at both Basil and Face Thai restaurant Lanna Thai...we liked Basil more than Lanna Thai but it was real close. We haven't made it to Sonie's or Tamarind Cafe yet(where is it located) yet but will be back in bkk on 3/7 when we check into The Four Seasons Hotel so we'll try them when we get back.

Sorry I am not finding not much time to report anything but promise a full report when we return after 3/19.

Aloha!

P.S.
rhkkmk:
Jack at Monet Il Sarto says hello. He made me 6 great shirts and a Cashmire dinner jacket for a great price...great work..I am very satisfied.

Aloha Nui Loa!

Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM

aloha hawaiian traveller...

yes, please, details of your adventure.
you havent missed anything here in the islands...oahu has been flooding for days while we are still dry here in maui.

enjoy your trip and write a report asap
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM

please....

a hui ho
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM

Tamarind cafe is at Sukumvit soi 20 about 300 meters into the soi right between the Asoke and Prom Phong skytrain stations...walking distance from where you were at the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit and walk along the same side of the street. Sonies is on a soi that starts off of Sukumvit on the opposite side of the street. It's about 300 meters into soi 39 which is right at Prom Phong skytrain station...on the opposite side of Sukhumvit from Emporium Shopping Center. It's about a ten minute walk from Emporium. A reservation is a must at Sonies. Tamarind Cafe opens at 2:30PM except for on Sat/Sun when it opens around 10/10:30AM for breakfast. It's closed on Mondays I believe. I think they have a website. Glad you're having a great time. Keep the news coming. Happy Travels!