Reload this Page >

Airport Hotels in Bangkok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Shannon

We would like to stay our last night in bangkok in an airport hotel that would have last minute shopping, any suggestions

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Nancy

There have been some recent threads on this. Run a search. In summary, the reviewers liked the following:<BR><BR>Quality Suites<BR>Rama Gardens<BR><BR>And did not like the following:<BR>Amari (located next to the terminal)<BR>Maruay Garden Hotel<BR><BR>I don't know that any of them have any real last minute shopping to speak of. There is some shopping at the airport (duty free, fresh orchids). I wouldn't stay at the airport hotels unless you have a very early flight, and don't think the airport hotels are a good shopping place. You are better of in Bangkok itself on both counts.<BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Kathie

None of the airport hotels are places for shopping, as Nancy said. I stayed at the Rama Gardens in December (after a drive up from Hua Hin, in order to catch a 7 am flight back to the US). It was a lovely hotel, and I recommend it highly.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Casey

Shannon. If you are leaving on an early flight, I would stay somewhere in town.We had a 6.10 am flight a few weeks ago and it took only 15-20 min. to get to the airport. That way you can do all the last minute shopping you want at the nightmarkets.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:10 PM
bob

AS MENTIONED ABOVE STAY IN TOWN...trip is at least 30 minutes however at 6 am...<BR>stay in the sukumvit area...easy highway access, good shopping and food..\<BR>airport areas is the pits...we have stayed out there twice and it was just so so...last time a german man had his camera stolen out of his room while he had breakfast...tat was at quality suites...rooms are basic at best...but cheap...2300B i think we paid 3 years ago

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Chris

If you stay in town, just be sure to ask the cab driver to take the toll road to the airport. It will cost 40 Baht ($1) and is really quick. We made it to our 6 am flight in about 20 minutes. I understand if you take the regular route it can take much longer. We've also stayed at the Amari on the way into Bangkok. It is fine as far as accomodations and breakfast, but nothing special. I would not choose to spend my last evening in Bangkok there! Too much to see and do in the city. Have fun!!!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Craig

The executive floor of the Amari Airport Hotel is excellent. If you want to avoid the morning taxi ride and buy yourself some additional sleep, this is the place to stay. Depending on what you want to do on your last day in Bangkok, downtown is an easy taxi ride from and back to the airport.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 08:23 AM
John G

I have also stayed at the Amari Airport Hotel at BKK and found it to be very convenient. It is a 5-minute walk from the hotel, through a corridor, to the ticket counters. The Amari also has at least 5 restaurants, a piano lounge, and boutiques. The pool is very nice. You can also turn on your T.V. to get the latest updates on plane arrivals and departures. I am also one to think that extra sleep is worth the extra money.