Airlines to Siem Reap, Cambodia

Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

Airlines to Siem Reap, Cambodia

Hello all.
Is there any one else but Bangkok Airways flying to Siem Reap. There prices seem a little hig for a 1 hr flight. Approx $275.00 in October.
Thanks for any info.
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:48 AM

While I was waiting to depart Siem Riep last July, I spotted other airlines beside Bangkok Air situated at the airport. I believe there was an Air Cambodge and an Air Siem Riep. There was another ailine, but I can't recall the name. These airlines are probably situated in PP. However, one or both of these airlines fly to Vietnam. A lady sitting next to me at the airport was taking one of these airlines to Saigon. I think it depends where you are flying to and fro that will decide whether or not you must take Bangkok Airways. I think if you are flying from Bangkok, it is the only airline available, but I could be wrong. I flew Bangkok Air and was completely satisfied with the flight and service. The air hostesses were fantastic.
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:49 AM

Bangkok Air is able to charge that much because they offer the only non-stop service from Bangkok to Siem Reap. I note that is a roundtrip price.
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:43 AM

vietnam air flies to siem reap also...bkk air and siem reap air share the route ...we went on one and returned on the other....they have a captive audience....check thai air....maybe through PP.... going to laos is $270 rt which seems steep to me too...you might get cheaper from chiang mai???
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:35 PM

Siem Reap Air is a subsidiary of Bangkok Air. VietNam Air does fly to Siem Reap from HCMC (but not from Bangkok). Royal Air Camboge has been defunct for a number of years.

rhkkmk, you can fly from Chaing Mai to Luang Prabang, Laos, but you have to fly Lao Aviation. It's cheap, but...
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:44 PM

thanks about lao air...i agree, BUT.....

i'm trying to decide if the trip is worth the high fee....i'm sure it is and we will of course go....its only $$$
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:33 AM

rhkkmk, I went to Luang Prabang December, 2002 and loved it. If I can offer info that will help in your planning I'd be glad to do so.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 08:53 AM

Are you sure Air Cambodge is defunct??????????????????? I could swear I saw a plane on the runway at Siem Riep Airport with that title. Where would I get the name of that airline if I didn't see it for myself???????????? It is not like I read about defunct Cambodian airlines for interest.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 12:30 PM
sandi

ThinGorjus -

Maybe that's all it was doing - sitting on the ramp at the REP airport - collecting dust!!!!!

Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:35 PM

You can book the Bangkok Airpass---buy three segments and you can go to siem Reap for $80/each way for two segments and then book something domestic in Thailand for another $50 each way---maximum of six segments. Also, once you use one segment, the rest are not refundable.I think it's only good to a specific date next year. Have fun!!
Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:14 PM

Also note that while the Bangkok Air pass (Discovery pass?) is a great deal, you can only fly a segmnet when there is a special discount seat (V code, I think) available. There are very few of those seats on most flights.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:05 PM

Maybe you are right, Sandi. But, I could swear the plane was moving. Maybe another airline is using old Air Cambodge airplanes??????
Jul 5th, 2003, 01:01 PM
JB

Definately go to Cambodia. I paid $300 on Bangkok Air. Seems like that is always the price.
Jul 5th, 2003, 08:54 PM

casyn2, we have flown Bangkok-Siem Reap round trip 3 times in the past 5 years. It's always been about $275. I spent several hours online before our last trip trying to find another airline for that route, but nada. Someday, maybe there will be another airline and the price will come down.