Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Airline Experience, Asiana or Singapore?

Dec 30th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Lisa

My husband and I are researching flights in business class from lax to hkg. Anyone have experience with Asiana airlines, or Singapore airlines? We need to book by 12/31/01. thanx, lisa

Dec 30th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Kathie

Singapore is excellent. Sorry, I haven't flown Asiana to compare.

Dec 30th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Al

A month ago, my wife and I flew round trip from LAX to Saigon on Asiana, with a stop in Seoul (Incheon International Airport). On time, good food, clean planes, excellent cabin service, even the toilets were kept immaculate. Baggage handled flawlessly.

Dec 30th, 2001, 09:11 PM
Kathy

Hi Lisa, Last February I flew roundtrip with Asiana from LAX to Bangkok. My comments would ditto Al's. Totally pleased and a good price, too. I haven't flown Singapore to compare.

Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:27 AM
wayne

Singapore Airlines is the best airline in the world. Every airline should aspire to be like it. 'Nuff said.

Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Michele

I also had a very nice experience with Asiana. (Nice flight attendents, clean comfortable cabin, good food. Another real plus for us was access to the business class lounge. In Seoul they have a great lounge with showers. I have never flown Singapore but my Aunt who is a travel agent says they are wonderful.

Jan 3rd, 2002, 11:45 PM
deej

I'd definitely recommend Singapore (and I'm a loyal Cathay Pacific customer!). As Wayne suggests, they've won a lot of awards from the travel press. As well, if you took Asiana, I think you'd have to transfer at Seoul, whereas SQ has a nonstop to hkg.

Jan 4th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Roz

Hi Lisa:

Just saw your message. Just back from a wonderful trip - it's Singapore Airlines hands down! I hope you choose them - you will not regret it. Other airlines should take some tips from their book. Enjoy your trip!

Jan 4th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Brian

Ditto what wayne said. With Cathay Pacific a close second. Enjoy.