Notices

Air Travel Austin to Phnom Penh

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Travel Austin to Phnom Penh

Hi... does anyone have an air travel suggestions from Austin to Phnom Penh? From there to Angkor Wat then to Hanoi and back to Austin? Leaving end of December for 18 days...
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM

You could fly into BKK and then fly Air Asia to Phnom Penh, or Bangkok Airways (more expensive). You could fly into Singapore and fly Jetstar Asia into Phnom Penh. Or, fly into Hanoi, Vietnam Airlines into Cambodia and return, and back to Austin from Hanoi again.

I use http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/prego to see published flights and published fares, and then go to the discount airlines own sites for checking. www.airasia.com and www.jetstarasia.com and www.bangkokair.com are the 3 I mentioned (though Bangkok Air is not discount). You have to hunt for the best prices, online, travel agents and consolidators.
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 01:38 PM

I also live in Austin. Every time I try to arrange travel to PP and then into Siem Reap from there, it always costs a lot more.

It's always cheaper to fly to BKK (or some other hub) then do like Kim suggests and take regional air into Cambodia.

If you find out otherwise, I'd love to hear about it.

BTW I'd be happy to carry all your baggage and run for cocktails if you'll take me with you......
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 05:15 PM

Actually, Bangkok Air to PP is often quite cheap. Right now it's half the price of flying from Bangkok to Siem Reap!
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

BKK is where I was leaning and just using as a gateway... Thank you for the routing/software KimJapan