Air France to BKK

Oct 18th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Air France to BKK

RHK, in an older posting on one of the threads you said you were going to travel AF, with a layover in Paris. Did you make that trip?

We are booked on AF in December, and talked with several people in Houston who were very complimentary. Our time between connections in Paris, however, is only 4 hrs. so I am glad of that.

Last year we flew Cathay Pacific from LA to BKK, and were VERY disappointed. I won't even bother to go into details here. So I am hoping that flying the East Coast route with AF will be more pleasurable.

I would like to know your impressions if you made your AF flight. Any suggestions?

McBeanie
Oct 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM

RHK is still in Boston boring us to tears. His flight is on October 27. I'm guessing he will report shortly thereafter. He has a 12 hour layover and I'm hoping the French straighten him out.
Oct 18th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Gpanda - you are funny!!!! Part of me is laughing hysterically but part of me is feeling bad for poor Bob! Life would be so much easier if I just didn't like Bob so much.
Oct 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM

YEA---I HAVE ONE FAN IN THIS WORLD!!!

yes i leave on oct 27 with the lay over in paris on the 28th (8AM to 11:15PM)...we are quite pleased with this as i will rent a car for the day and revisit some areas north of charles de gaulle...this allows us to have two nite flights which i will much prefer and to arrive in bkk in mid-afternoon and to leave bkk at 11:30PM with a nite flight to paris instead of our usual midnight arrival and 6AM departure...

we have often flown air france from boston to france....it is ok...in may, 2006 we had a very good dinner on our flight---how unusual is this...actually edible!!

i have heard complaints about the food from bkk to paris however...

the flight going is on airbuses but on nov 1 they are changing to a 747 so i come home on 747's...great seats at the rear of the plane---two seaters with extra room for the window passenger....

over all it is not bad, but any time you are on a plane for 12 hours it is not good really, at least in the cattle car section....

so bottom line is i am looking forward to it but am also glad i have my sleeping pills handy!! i am using N/W FF tickets so the total cost was $98 each so i can endure any 20,000 mile flight for $98...
Oct 19th, 2006, 07:30 AM

I have previously flown with Air France to Vietnam via Bangkok and found the service to be very good.
It had a few poor reviews about surly service so I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Don't forget to look your flight up on www.seatguru.com and then contact the airline to reserve the best seats.
Oct 19th, 2006, 09:38 AM

I only take Air France if I have to. Why not take Singapore Air? Happy Travels!
Oct 19th, 2006, 07:13 PM

guen...AF is naming a terminal after you....you better fly them once in a while!!