3rd Trip Back to Vietnam

Search

3rd Trip Back to Vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd Trip Back to Vietnam

Hello ! Looking forward to some guidance. My husband and I are returning to Vietnam for a 3rd time. We will be flying in Jan into HCMC. In the past we have been through HCMC, Hanoi and also Phu Quoc.
This trip we have 10 days and are flying out of Hanoi. The intent was to see Hue, Hoi An, Halong Bay and to also spend a couple of days in Hanoi which we love. I'm wondering if I should pass on Hue ? Should I do Sapa instead ?
Should we drive up the coast or fly ? How best to travel from location to location. We love cities, food, shopping and beaches - I know sounds generic. We do a lot of walking and sight seeing. We do not spend whole days on the beach. Since its our 3rd trip, we'd like to really spend the time with the people. We've rushed around in the past and don't want to do that this trip. Any insights would be great ! THANK YOU in advance !!!
Old Oct 9th, 2016, 05:18 PM

You only have 10 days... you don't really have time to see HCMC, Hue, How An,, Halong and Hanoi. Definitely don't try to substitute Sapa for Hue. Sapa has a lot of associated travel time. Personally, I'd choose a maximum of three destinations if you have 10 days (11 nights). You said you didn't want to rush around. Even visiting three places in 10 days will be rushing around!
Old Oct 11th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

What do you think of this:
HCMC to Mui Ne - 2 days in Mui Ne
to Hoi An - 2 days
to Hue - 1 day
to Halong Bay - 2 days
to Hanoi - 2 days
HCMC to Mui Ne - I can only drive or train ? would this be a scenic nice drive ? or should I train instead ?
Then back to HCMC to fly to Danang for Hoi An.
Can I drive to Hue from Hoi An for a day trip ?
Thanks so much !
Old Oct 11th, 2016, 02:24 PM

You have not taken any travel time into consideration for your itinerary. It takes 3 nights in a place to get two full days, 2 nights in a place to get one full day. So you have much less time in each place than what you think. I am guessing that you are actually giving us the number of nights in each place.

This is a plan that would allow you to see nothing - most of your time would be in transit.

I'd highly recommend that you choose not more than three places if you have 10 days in VN - even this will be rushed, but at least you will see/do/experience a little of VN.
Old Oct 12th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much !