Reload this Page >

A Tribute To The United States

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 03:39 PM
angie

Look how strong we are in the face of danger. I look at all those firemen who risked their lives(nearly 300 died when walls collapsed around them)and all the people volunteering to help in the rescue efforts, or giving blood or just looking for survivors. No matter whar someone does to us, we'll bounce back.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Yes, but...

And we'll still be so proud of ourselves that we won't pay attention to anyone or anything else--including what the topic of an Internet discussion board is--just so long as we fly the flag. <BR> <BR>That's why we are so disliked, and it's what will get us attacked all over again. <BR> <BR>Yes, we Americans have a great country, but so do other people, many of whom read this internationally accessible board, and whose sympathy we will lose if we act like this. <BR> <BR>Try to think globally, and please 'bounce back' and post this kind of thing where it belongs, which isn't here.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Cowboy

Mr. Yes Butt...in the words of a general a long time ago: nuts.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Les

Mr. Yes, but...'s comments about whether we have a great country, or whether the people who read this forum are sympathetic to us are irrelevant. What is relevant is that Angie's comment and Cowboy's stupid reply don't belong in this forum.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 11:35 AM
angie

I just responded to someone elses Tribute to America that was posted on this forum. Quit policing what other people say especially if they aren't being rude like so many people on this board. I am an American unlike the imposter below my post. There's nothing wrong in talking about a world event that's going on right now. That's part of travel and the world.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Les

Angie, <BR>There's certainly nothing wrong with talking about a world event as it affects travel (although one would hope that you would choose a forum that's pertinent). However, your posting did NOT talk about ANY travel aspects of this event. It was simply an outpouring of sympathy and patriotism. <BR>But I repeat, your comment doesn't belong on this or any other TRAVEL forum.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 05:14 PM
kang

As a Chinese living in USA, I share everything that all Americans have gone through in the past two days. The reason that I check in this travel forum today is to look for some international reactions to the tragedy. At this sad moment, please refrain from making those wise comments to an American who just wanted to say something, travel forum or not.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Tim

Les, you're comments aren't travel related either.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Les

Tim, <BR>Not directly, but they are intended to get the postings back on track (Asia Travel Forum). However, it's clear that emotion rules!

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 01:11 PM
angie

Les, is that your job? Are you the moderator?

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Les

Angie, <BR>In answer to your obviously rhetorical question, of course I'm not a moderator (although I'm sure that, in the absence of a moderator, there are posted somewhere the guidelines for these forums). My objection is that there are some people out there who are so hungry for public recognition, or are so desirous to be heard on any subject, that they see nothing wrong in preempting a forum dedicated to a specific subject, whether or not it bears any relationship to their rant. <BR>Generally (moreso on the Asia forum than others), people come here to get or to give information pertaining to Asia travel (what a concept!), or, less often, travel in general. Off-topic discussions like this are simply clutter. <BR>Please note that I am not passing judgement on your original posting (with which, by the way, I agree). The fact that you take offense at my suggestion to post in a more suitable forum simply underlines your need for public affirmation. <BR>And, since my participation in this discussion adds to a thread that I've already characterized as clutter, to avoid further hypocrisy, I will withdraw from this conversation. I will continue to monitor this thread, however, so feel free to flame me, secure in the knowledge that I'll read it.