Notices

8 hours in Hong Kong

Jun 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Original Poster

8 hours in Hong Kong

Hi. I will be in Hong Kong from 7am till 3pm on the 30th of July 2012 (Sunday). I was wondering whether it will be worth it for me to visit Hong Kong's Disneyland or there are other alternative places that I should go and visit. I am a 22 year old guy, heading for Malaysia. I'll be in Hong Kong for transit. Looking forward to a reply. Thanks!
Jun 13th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Plenty of places to visit. Do a search on this forum and you'll get lots of ideas. But no to Disney - many reasons, one being it only opens at 10a.
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM

You really won't have much time considering travel time to/from airport. Best you might do is train to Central. Wander around the center of HK, ie. Central. Walk to the ferry, cross the harbor to Kowloon, take a bus from ferry terminal up Nathan for a few miles, exit and walk up Shanghai St. Find a noodle shop for lunch. Find MTR station and return to airport. You will find the day hot, humid and crowded, thus slow going, beyond your expectations. Miss the plane = f*cked.
Jun 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM

I would also suggest a train to Central and finding a good restaurant for lunch with a "view" - Go to one of the cool hip hotels that have a harbor view and have a drink or lunch.

If time permits take the ferry across - takes about 5 min and walk around one of the markets.

A cab is aloso fairly quick (30 min tops) and inexpensive.

Search this Thread