Notices

8-9hrs free in Singapore

Jun 26th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

8-9hrs free in Singapore

Hi, I?m planning on flying into Singapore, on my way to India this July? The flight from here in NYC to SIN and then SIN to COK (India), I would have at least 8-9hrs before my connecting flight to India.. I would like to ask, for a first timer in Singapore, what is there for me to do?. I would be alone.. And I would like to leave the airport and tour? Are there much tours from the airport worth taking?

Can some offer some advice for someone like me?

Thanks
Jun 26th, 2004, 11:28 AM
loveopera

I'd go to one of the hawker centers close to the airport. It's quite impressive.

Jun 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM

I recommend a trip to the botanical gardens specifically to see the orchids! Quite lovely. You could also have lunch at the Long Bar at the Raffles. Cab fare is inexpensive.

Singapore is such a lovely city. You can't go wrong no matter what you decide to do.
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM

Take the "Free Singapore Tour" from the airport. This is from the Changi Airport website:

"f you have at least five hours to spare before your connecting flight, you can register for a 2-hour sightseeing tour of Singapore where you can choose between a Sentosa tour and a bumboat ride. There are 5 tours a day at 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm. Tour counters open from 8.30am to 4.25pm, daily."

Search this Thread