I and my best mate (both female) are heading to Sri Lanka. We have seven full days. We arrive to Colombo late on the 27th of January and depart from Colombo mid-day on the 4th of January. Background: We will be coming from Shanghai. We are both adventurous and well traveled and have lived in Asia for several years; for our Lunar New Year break last year, we went to Burma, a second trip for me and first for my friend.
I have read through the many excellent trip reports but wanted to get a bit more feedback. Given the following information on us, what would you recommend for our 7-day trip?
-We are not on a tight budget
-We felt that 1.5 days in Bagan was enough
-We didn't hike Mt. Popa in Burma because of all the poop and the wild monkeys
-My friend loves the beach but I prefer the shade, though I love all watersports and will happily participate
-We love to eat
-We don't want to spent *too* much time in transit from one place to another, however I understand that all drives are long
Many thanks for any and all input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 3 Internet in SE Asia
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 6 Days in Thailand
- 6 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 7 Wat Arun
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 9 days in Japan in April
- 10 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 11 Question re. fees at BOM
- 12 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 13 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 14 Spa Bangkok
- 15 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 16 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 17 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 18 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 19 need your help with japan itinerary
- 20 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 21 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 22 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 23 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 24 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 25 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa