I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 2 Wat Arun
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Miyajima Island
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 9 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 10 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 11 Vientiane to LP December
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 14 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 15 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 16 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 17 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 18 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 19 5 days in Singapore
- 20 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 21 Shanghai in January
- 22 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 25 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka