You've been so helpful with my many questions, but I'd like your feedback on my proposed itinerary for Bangkok. Maybe there are things that should be shuffled around because while it looks doable on a map, it may not be on the ground I plan on staying at the Shangri-La, checking in Saturday (probably mid-day, flying in from SIN) and flying out the following Saturday around 2am.
Day0: Arrive, check in. Possibly head to JJ market solo in the late afternoon and/or Jim Thomson Silk Outlet-- planning on buying enough to make curtains for a number of rooms.
Day 1: JJ market/possibly do a shopping 'tour' with a guide. (I did a 'shopping tour' in Delhi, and found it to be super helpful and it'll be nice to have someone along for the day) I have my Mom & Fiance sending me with jackets they'd like duplicates made of in tailor shops. Hoping that someone with me who speaks Thai will help! Also, I think I'll need help finding an alms bowl. Fiance is currently renovating our new house and I have the perfect spot for one, just need one to fill it!
Sorry, back on track:
Day 2: Grand Palace & Wat Po in the morning, Blue Elephant cooking class in the afternoon
Day 3: Cooking with Poo in the morning (yes, two cooking classes back to back , but just so happens that the two menus I like at both places are during these time frames!) Afternoon by the pool
Day 4ack to the Grand Palace- April 6th is the one day the Royal Pantheon is open, so thought it may be worth while to go back just for this- quicker visit. Maybe not? Then to the Jim Thompson House. Then MBK for lunch/shopping.
Day 5: National Museum & Wat Arun in the morning. Lunch in Chinatown/Wat Tramit and pool time
Day 6: Free morning, check out & leave bags at hotel, Sompong cooking school from 2:30-6:30. Grab my bags, and head to the airport
Anything you'd move around? Add? Also open to suggestions on dinner places. I was planning on going to Naam one night, but Kathie's report on the almost-inedible-hot food made me less inclined to do so. Currently planning on one night at Ciao at MO, because it's hard to get edible Italian food in Texas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 2 Wat Arun
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Miyajima Island
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 9 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 10 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 11 Vientiane to LP December
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 14 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 15 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 16 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 17 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 18 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 19 5 days in Singapore
- 20 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 21 Shanghai in January
- 22 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 25 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka