4 Day trip - Toyko, Ko Samui or Bali

Old Jan 17th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Day trip - Toyko, Ko Samui or Bali

I am going to be in China/Vietnam in April for work and so my husband is going to meet me in Asia on the backend for a long weekend. We did 2 weeks in Thailand for our honeymoon and LOVED it but did not see Ko Samui. So we were thinking doing that part of Thailand or trying something brand new like Bali or Tokyo.

Can you do any of these in 4 days? What do people think would be the best choice? I think Bali is our top but is furthest but might need more time.
A lot might depend on where we finish our work trip but wanted to know your thoughts if location/travel is a non issue. Thanks!

Last edited by chitowntraveler; Jan 17th, 2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 10:32 PM
kja

I loved Bali, but would have been frustrated by an attempt to see it in 4 days.
Tokyo can work in 4 days, but it seems like a very different destination than Bali or Ko Samui!
I haven't been to Ko Samui.

I'm surprised you aren't considering your options to spend those days near to where you will already be -- so many options! all without spending a lot of your limited time in transit.

Last edited by kja; Jan 17th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 08:25 AM

And do you have 4 full days in the chosen location? That would mean 5 nights to get 4 full days.

Ko Samui is an international beach resort, so you could certainly do Ko Samui in 4 days. If beach is what you want, there are beach resorts in VN you could opt for that would mean less travel time.

You could get a sample of Tokyo in 4 days.

I think Bali would be the hardest place for 4 days. There is so much to see and do there. And while there is beach, I don't consider it primarily a beach locations, as there is incredible (non-beach) scenery, temples and culture. Save Bali for when you cab spend a couple of weeks in the area.