3 week trip to China in November

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering taking a 3 week trip to China from mid Nov. to the first week in Dec. including a 4 day Yangtze River cruise in Nov. How cold is it in Bijing during Nov? Has anyone been on a cruise in Nov? Is it very cold on the deck of the boat, considering the wind chill of a moving boat. I wouldn't mind if the temperature was fall like, as that would be ideal for me for sightseeing. But if it will be very cold, I think I will wait until spring.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM

Hi,

Have you booked your trip to China yet? I too am planning a 3 wk China trip from mid Oct to Nov (then a week in Lhasa)

Have you planned your itinerary yet? I'm looking for some ideas of what's realistic in 3 weeks, and how to best get around. Also, have you booked your Yangtze river cruise yet? Who a certain tour co?

Thanks
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 11:55 PM

Hi.I'm glad to here you planning to have a trip in China.During my stay in Shanghai,a company called Chinahelping had really given me a helping hand.
I still remembered that helpless night.
I called a taxi home, but unfortunately
finded my wallet missing.I'm sure that I've forgotten it in the taxi.Money is not so that important,but you know, as a foreigner,some certain certification is very necessary.I'm very worried.But my kind roommate recommended me a phone number providing multilingual language service 021-63038206. Through their thoughtful service, I get in touch with that Taxi driver by informing policemen the invoice number of that taxi. Chinahelping staff are very kind and their English is really good. They make me feel at home. So if you meet any problems in Shanghai, I recommend this considerate company to you.
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 10:15 AM

This is what we did in three weeks:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34682619

I hope you enjoy China as much as we did!
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 12:06 PM

November is considered early Winter in Beijing and it'll get colder as the days go by. If you want to see the Great Wall make sure to dress warm. Haven't done the river cruise so I don't know. Where else in China are you interested to visit? Hangzhou is popular and it is worth visiting.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

The places we want to visit are Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilan, Hong Kong and we want to do a 3 or 4 day Yangtze River cruise. I am still trying to get feedback on the weather in November for the Yangtze River cruise part of the itinerary because this part of the trip is important to me. We took a Nile River cruise last year, and being able to be on deck and watch the daily life on the river banks was a highlight of our 14 day trip to Egypt.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Shelley...all I can say is that I first visited China way back in '84...NOVember! Shanghai was rather comfortable, Beijing much colder..and the Wall!!!! Yikes..never been so cold in my life. We were not dressed properly, though..not expecting such a freeze-up anywhere in North China...Xian and Guilin were the warmest (in the 60's F)..but go and enjoy! You will!

Stu T. (I can scan some of my old pix taken on the wall that November if you wish to see them..pre-digital days, of course...so please send e-mail if you want to see [email protected]
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 07:26 PM

shell....e-mail should read

[email protected]