My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://mylaviveeyeserum.com/le-reel-skin-serum/
- 2 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 NEED A FLIGHT VOLUNTEER
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 12 Wat Arun
- 13 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 14 Miyajima Island
- 15 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 16 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 17 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 18 Vientiane to LP December
- 19 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 20 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 21 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 22 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 23 5 days in Singapore
- 24 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 25 Shanghai in January
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!