3 days in Beijing---want tour advice

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days in Beijing---want tour advice

Hi. We've got 3 days in Beijing. We would like one day tour of wall of China---Mutianyu section; a city tour of highlights; and a bike tour of the Hutongs. Can anyone suggest good tours/tour companies to do these things?
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 12:22 PM

Great Wall of China at Mutianyu Full Day Tour including Lunch from Beijing photos from Beijing travelers. Browse Great Wall of China at Mutianyu Full Day Tour ...

http://www.viator.com/tours/Beijing/...-Mutianyu-Full...

Virtualtourist.com great local posting info for you.

Good luck!
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable day going to the Great Wall in September with Konglin, who has been recommended on this forum. His email is [email protected]. We really enjoyed his company. On the way back, we stopped by the Olympic village to see that too. I would definitely employ his services again if we are ever back in Beijing.
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 11:06 PM
kja

I'm not sure I agree with Rickywong about what can be seen in 2 days - I think it depends on one's preferred pace of travel and specific interests. And I'm not sure that I agree with Rickywong that it is better to see the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall than the section at Badaling - they are different, and so have features that are better or worse depending on one's time and interests and preferences.

It may be worth mentioning that the core activities the OP mentions - seeing the Great Wall (at Mutianyu or elsewhere); visiting the city's highlight, and exploring hutong - can all be done one one's own without a tour of any sort. And foreigners can enjoy these activities quite easily without any knowledge of the Chinese language (although knowing how to say "thank you" is always helpful).
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 01:04 AM

You can hire a driver to take you to the Great Wall, no need for a tour or guide.
For the other days you could hire a private guide for as little as 400RMB (to be divided among yourselves). It is more flexible. Check on www.synotrip.com for guides.
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 08:02 AM

Be aware that most of the "history" given to you by guides is wrong. Decide if you want someone with you at historical sites feeding you misinformation. If not, just hire a car and driver and take along a good guidebook. If you are convinced you want a guide, those hired through the websites will be 3x-10x as expensive as you can get locally.