Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 गुलाम@BROTHER PRINTER installation Contact Now 1~8OO~681:7208 Tec*h
- 2 How To Build UP my Toursim Industry in Bali
- 3 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 4 Singapore the Most beautiful place.
- 5 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Kata Beach
- 8 Best day trip from Phuket
- 9 two health related questions
- 10 Sulawesi
- 11 meow?
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 14 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 15 Phuket
- 16 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 17 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 18 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 19 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 20 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 21 Princess Cruise
- 22 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 23 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
- 24 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations
- 25 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
Hello fellow travelers,