Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > 2002 worldcup in Japan and Korea
Notices

2002 worldcup in Japan and Korea

Jul 28th, 1999, 03:10 PM
carol

2002 worldcup in Japan and Korea

I know I'm a little early, but does anyone know about how I can go about planning a trip to Japan and Korea for the 2002 world cup that will be held there? I would especially appreciate any World Cup-specific information.

Nov 3rd, 2001, 05:54 AM
Hokyoon

now this is the right time to prepare for the world cup that will be held in korea and japan next year. definitely there will be a number of spectators at the time of the games, and early birds will have their chances to participate in this worldwide event.

in seoul, there will be total of three games including the opening one, and nine of other cities nationwide will host at least three games in the newly-constructed, beautiful stadiums.

between korea and japan, there will be more airline schedules than before, but if you're supposed to travel both countries, you'd better plan and book the airline tickets as early as possible. the estimated journey time from seoul to tokyo is less than one hour, and naturally no difference in time.

i hope this forum can be of great help to those who are coming to korea for the world cup 2002.

Nov 26th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Bob

Carol,
The WC begins around May 31st and goes for about a month. I have tickets for the first three US matches. However, we don't know who or where they play until the "draw" which will be held this Sat - Dec 1st. So, I will be scrambling to make flight and hotel arrangements next week after we learn the schedule. I have been to Japan before but never Korea. Should be fun. Good luck with your plans.

Nov 26th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Brad

Anyone knows if there're still tickets available online?

Search this Thread