Best Month for Weather to visit India

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We may be planning a trip to India with some friends and have been researching the weather pattern for the different months. I have it narrowed down to Nov, Dec, & Feb as the best months to travel to India based on weather. I'm wondering if those of you that have visited India could comment on your personal experiences during those particular months, to further help me choose which month may be best. Thanks so much!!
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM

India is very big. South India will be heavenly during that tiem (dry and warm). I visited Jaipur, Agra, and Delhi in December-January once (I was at tha Taj on New Years' Day) and the weather was pleasant - 50s-70s. Some parts of South India will start to get hot around late February - depends on your hear tolerance.
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

usernameistaken, thank-you for your quick reply! I don't tolerate heat well so that's why I chose those months in particular. So it looks like if we plan to visit the South maybe Nov, & Dec would be best! Thank-you so much!
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 12:45 AM

We are in Mumbai at the moment and evrn though its meant to be winter hwre the temps are 33c+ everyday and blue skies, it does drop down to 18 - 20 at night.

We were in Goa as well and it was even hotter there but like Mumbai.it droped to.17 - 20c at night.

The North is always very cold this time of the year, so if you like cold then I suggest you teavel through the North.
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 10:54 PM

Where in India? For south India, except for the Tamil Nadu coast, Nov-Feb is OK- Jan-Feb OK for even the coast.

Delhi area: Nov-Feb