Appreciate if you could demystify some of the questions I have regarding travel to VN.
1) Visa. Many people here mentioned they got the "visa on arrival". Why can't you get it through the VN embassy in the US? More hassle, more expensive? The stamping fee has gone up in 2013 -- $45. I'd rather get it in advance so no waste of time standing in line at the airport. Will be flying into HCM, which sounds like the wait would be longer than Hanoi. Please clarify the visa issue for me.
2) Internal VN flights. Do you buy your internal flights in VN or in the US? Is it a lot cheaper in VN? You buy it from an agent? Anyone you recommend? Can we ask them via email in advance and hten pay them once we get to HCM?
3) How do you stay healthy? I know VN cuisine has a lot of raw salad and veggies, and from your trip reports, people seemed to be enjoying the food with abandon. Is it true or you actualy avoided raw veggies? Or had some way to wash them? Or only went to some recommended restaurants that are known to be safe?
4) Malaria Pill and Vaccine. Did you take malaria pills? Required for Sapa or the Mekong Delta? Other places I go to are the usual cities. Any special vaccines?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 (+237670878487) Need Band 7, 8, 8.5 or 9 in IELTS
- 2 (+237670878487) Need Band 7, 8, 8.5 or 9 in IELTS
- 3 9 days in Japan in April
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 5 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 6 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 7 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 8 6 Days in Thailand
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 12 days in Cambodia January
- 11 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 13 Internet in SE Asia
- 14 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 18 Question re. fees at BOM
- 19 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 20 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 21 Spa Bangkok
- 22 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 23 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 24 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 25 need your help with japan itinerary