Search

14 day rajasthan itinerary for food culture history

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2018, 10:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 day rajasthan itinerary for food culture history

Hello

First trip to India in January from 5th.

Would be very grateful of some help with a rajasthan itinerary to combine a few of the big tourist ticks but more interested in taking in the culture and visiting less popular gems. Taj mahal isn't a priority for us and put off Jaipur as another busy city after delhi.

My partner loves history and architecture and I'm into food & culture. We will fly into and out from delhi. Some places that have peaked our interest

- oraccha
- bundi
- jaisalmer(for desert stay)
-bikaner (for camel fesitval 12th /13th, worth the trip?)

Would appreciate any thoughts on the above destinations.

Last edited by 290maryrae; Dec 15th, 2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Wrong title
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 11:57 AM

We really liked Mandawa in the Shekhawati region, neat small town which has fabulous haveli. Also loved Bundi, easy to navigate and with an imposing palace fort, it is friendly and interesting. Ajmer is less visited by western tourists, we had a great walking tour there with our host from Badnor House hotel. The food was fantastic pretty much everywhere.
See my recent trip report on here for details.
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply sartoric. Just finished reading your latest trip report! A good read with a few laugh out loud moments. I think I will skip bikaner this time around.. glad to hear there is uber! I didn't realise. Also planning on booking a mixture of Airbnbs and heritage hotels.

Having been three times would you say we 'need' to see Jaipur ? I worry in my attempt to avoid the traditional golden triangle route we might be missing out. Would appreciate your thoughts.
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 07:30 PM

Thanks maryrae. I wouldn’t be too concerned about missing Jaipur, we only revisited on this trip because of the airport. The Amber fort in Jaipur is spectacular, but Rajasthan is full of amazing forts. On a previous trip we also liked Jodphur, with Merangarh arguably one of the best forts around. Are you considering Udaipur ? It’s lovely with the lake and palace.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 03:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
just joining in in the hope that you will post a trip report, Maryrae. I hope that you are having a great time.