Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   12 Countries in 1 month or less - Need itenary advice please. (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/12-countries-in-1-month-or-less-need-itenary-advice-please-1122297/)

zaidazmi27 Jul 31st, 2016 12:09 AM

12 Countries in 1 month or less - Need itenary advice please.

Hey there fellow travelers,

Hope everyone's having fun! I am gonna be traveling solo around in south east asia starting second week of August and I am really not able to figure what is the best itinerary to follow. I am gonna travel to below 12 countries and finally go to New Delhi, India (Home) after finishing my trip.

Taiwan
Hongkong
Macau
Thailand
Myanmar
Vitenam
Laos
Combodia
Indonesia
Malaysia
Nepal
Bhutan

I would be so grateful if you guys can share your experiences and suggestions in what order I should be traveling so it all places can connect in a convenient way. I don't mind traveling with flights since they are quite cheap in south east Asia and also I am short on time.

Looking for some awesome advises :)

schnauzer Jul 31st, 2016 12:36 AM

My first comment has to be unfortunately too many countries too little time! You won't really see anything much of anywhere' just a blur and airports. A minimum of one week in each country perhaps? Cut down, pick 4 counties and leave the rest for another time.

When you've chosen then we can think about the order!

Good luck...

LancasterLad Jul 31st, 2016 02:36 AM

Have a look at hiring one of the latest time travelling vehicles @ www.drwhotardis.com.

janisj Jul 31st, 2016 05:42 AM

If you live in India . . . I'm pretty sure you know this isn't possible. When factoring in all the travel time you will have less that 1.5 days per country.

And your titles says >>1 month <i>or less</i><< which would indicate you haven't booked anything yet and you are leaving in less than two weeks . . .

Could maybe (just maybe) be having a bit if fun on the forums >)

dgunbug Jul 31st, 2016 07:20 AM

You'd probably get just one day in each country (one day for travel between each destination). Might as well add a few more destinations, stay in the airport of each destination and tell folks you traveled around the world.

Totally unrealistic.

Kathie Jul 31st, 2016 08:01 AM

My awesome advice? Don't do it. If you have an interest in any of these places, choose one or two or three and plan a trip around those. If you don't have an interest in any of these places, no reason to waste your time and money seeing the insides of airplanes and airports.

crellston Jul 31st, 2016 08:18 AM

"Hope everyone's having fun! I" More than you would on a trip like that. Not surprised you are going solo. I can't imagine anyone would be crazy enough to go with you!

That said, I think janisj's suspicions are correct.

CaliNurse Aug 1st, 2016 11:57 AM

Hey there! I'm having fun! Great joke post.