We are a family of 5 (kids are 14, 17, 22) going to Japan for the first time.
We arrive Tokyo on June 14 (Wednesday) in the afternoon and leave from Tokyo in the afternoon on June 23rd (Friday). All we know is we want to spend time in Tokyo and Kyoto. We are active and adventuresome and are open to ideas of what to do! We all like the outdoors! The kids are also interested in... son (14) looking for vintage records (does this each place we travel), daughter (17) fashion and theater, daughter (22) museums & nightlife. Parents... just want to be somewhere interesting!
I am curious how many days/nights we need in Tokyo and Kyoto, and if we can throw in an "off the beaten path" side trip for a day or two, and if so, where??
Also, any recommendations on areas to stay, things to do, tours to take, etc, etc, etc are GREATLY welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 6 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 7 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 8 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 9 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 Miyajima Island
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Vientiane to LP December
- 17 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 18 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 19 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 20 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 21 5 days in Singapore
- 22 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 23 Shanghai in January
- 24 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 25 Myanmar tour companies