I am new to Fodor's and I am hoping to get some advice on a trip to Thailand! I wouldn't be going until November 2016 but like to be organised so i am trying to get a plan down pat early. It would most likely be a family trip with my partner, my dad and my brother. Possibly my sister (however, she would have a 1 year old... so jury is still out on that). We are all in our 20's with the exception of my dad who is in his early 40's. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
Fly out of Sydney
3 nights Bangkok
3 nights Chang Mai
2 nights (Koh Samui, Phi Phi Island or Krabi)
2 nights Phuket
Fly into Sydney
Question 1: Does this seem appropriate? i am not sure wether to see Phi Phi Island, Koh Samui or Krabi or if people might have another place in mind? I am honestly looking for somewhere to snorkel, maybe dive, kayak and generally unwind and explore.
Question 2: Would taking a 1 year old be nearly impossible?
Any other opinions people have or any feedback on this itinerary please let me know! This would be my first trip where I am planning without going on a tour or cruise ship.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://testosteronesboosterweb.com/test-troxin/
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 9 days in Japan in April
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 5 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 6 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 7 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 8 6 Days in Thailand
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 12 days in Cambodia January
- 11 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 13 Internet in SE Asia
- 14 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 Question re. fees at BOM
- 18 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 19 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 20 Spa Bangkok
- 21 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 22 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 23 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 24 need your help with japan itinerary
- 25 Hotel in Vang Vieng