10 days in Thailand

Sep 27th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

10 days in Thailand

Hi everyone,
I am new to Fodor's and I am hoping to get some advice on a trip to Thailand! I wouldn't be going until November 2016 but like to be organised so i am trying to get a plan down pat early. It would most likely be a family trip with my partner, my dad and my brother. Possibly my sister (however, she would have a 1 year old... so jury is still out on that). We are all in our 20's with the exception of my dad who is in his early 40's. Our itinerary so far is as follows:

Fly out of Sydney
3 nights Bangkok
3 nights Chang Mai
2 nights (Koh Samui, Phi Phi Island or Krabi)
2 nights Phuket
Fly into Sydney

Question 1: Does this seem appropriate? i am not sure wether to see Phi Phi Island, Koh Samui or Krabi or if people might have another place in mind? I am honestly looking for somewhere to snorkel, maybe dive, kayak and generally unwind and explore.

Question 2: Would taking a 1 year old be nearly impossible?

Any other opinions people have or any feedback on this itinerary please let me know! This would be my first trip where I am planning without going on a tour or cruise ship.

Thanks!
Sep 27th, 2015, 05:21 AM

It seems like you have too many places packed into 10 days.. Of all the beach places I would pick one and stay there . It takes about half of a day to get to any one of those places in Asia. That is a lot of changes for a little one. I think a one yr old would do fine, but at a slower pace. You can not see everything in one trip, so it gives you an excuse to go back.
Sep 27th, 2015, 08:30 AM

I agree with Karen. It makes no sense to go to two different beaches in such a short time. Choose one. In November, the Andaman Sea side of Thailand will have lovely weather. Choose one beach there - Phuket, Krabi, Ko Lanta, Khoa Lak, etc. Phi Phi requires extra transfer time both directions, so isn't the best choice for a short stay like this.

With a one year old, all of you would be happier with just two locations. Little ones needs their routines, and don't forget the baby will suffer from jet lag as well!

Search this Thread