Currently I live in Oslo, Norway but am from the U.S. I am due to have my first baby next week and booked tickets for my mom to fly over here. I wasn't really thinking about it when I booked the tickets, but I booked them under the name Kim instead of Kimberly which is the name that is on her passport. I called American Airlines but they told me that they couldn't change the name on the tickets and that I would need to contact the company I booked the tickets through. I called them, and they said there was nothing they could do except make a notation stating that her name is Kimberly and not Kim. I called AA back, they told me that the booking company WOULD be able to make the change, and that there were instructions on how to do so on their website. I called the booking company yet again, they called U.S. Airways themselves (she is flying AA and then switching to BA in London), and they told the booking company they could not actually change the name on the tickets, only make notations. The notations do not guarantee she'll be able to fly though.
The lady at the booking company told me to go to the airline companies websites, and put in all of her passport information including the correct, unshortened version of her name. I went to do so and it looks like it's already been done.
I guess my question is has anyone had any similar experiences? And if so, were you able to fly? I am really freaking out over this, as, if she can't come and share in this experience with me I'll be absolutely devastated, not to mention the large amount of money I've spent on these tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 https://www.healthdietalert.com/immune-ultra-turmeric/
- 2 Air China? EVA? Business Class
- 3 Are you planning to fly AA in December?
- 4 How Many Passport Pages?
- 5 Layover time in Los Angeles
- 6 RyanAir Carry-On
- 7 FLY DOMESTICALLY WITH NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY??
- 8 Air Berlin is Kaput
- 9 Very bad experience in AMS
- 10 traveling thru Sal Salvador airport with quick layover
- 11 OK to Book via United's U.K. site--& What Happened to 1-Way Bookings?
- 12 So lucky on Lufthansa
- 13 Carry on question.
- 14 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 15 IBERIA BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
- 16 Virgin Atlantic's "Virgin Redhead"!
- 17 Is $746.00 a good deal to Europe Round-Trip?
- 18 Delta JFK connection 1H40M from Inter'l to Domestic. Do-able?
- 19 LH bid for Premium Economy
- 20 JFK international terminal to domestic terminal - how much time?
- 21 $1500 to Europe economy in May- buy now or wait?
- 22 Changing Airlines at EWR
- 23 A horror story about Justfly
- 24 WOW bargain not so "wow"
- 25 AerLingus exit row