Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   World Traveller Plus (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/world-traveller-plus-268343/)

Lynn Oct 24th, 2002 10:12 PM

World Traveller Plus

Has anyone ever flown World Traveller Plus (economy plus) on BA? Is it worth the extra money?

Gratn Oct 25th, 2002 04:47 AM

I flew in WT+ on a flight from London to Dubai (courtesy of an upgrade by BA). The seats are a different style from economy - sort of a cross betwen economy and business - they were slightly wider than economy but only just. Leg room was much better - important for me as I'm nearly 2m tall. The seat also had a personal TV screen, which economy didn't have (on that flight anyway). <BR><BR>Overall, I thought it was a good product and would have been worth a few bucks.

oldorch Oct 25th, 2002 05:35 AM

just flew wt and liked it very much. beats the hell out of economy but not quite 1st class. as for is it worth it...i usually like to spend the least amount of money on the flight and use the savings for restaurants in the city i am visiting. judgement call... how long is the flight?

Lynn Oct 25th, 2002 06:05 AM

Thank you for the advice Grant and oldorch. Oldorch, it is a killer flight. London to Melbourne return, 23ish hours with a couple of hours in Singapore to break it up.

oldorch Oct 25th, 2002 06:32 AM

lynn<BR>pony up the extra bucks if possible for that flight. just flew from hk to london and it's probably worth it (if you can afford it). if it was ldn to ny i would say save your money.

Jason Oct 25th, 2002 09:42 AM

London-Australia is just under 5 thousand pounds!! More than a &quot;few bucks&quot; in anybody's lingo

sss Oct 28th, 2002 02:27 PM

Lynn,<BR>My sons and i flew in World Traveller plus Seattle to London. We were In the upper deck with about 30 seats or so. Had our own personal flight attendant and all, However we were stuck up there because you are not allowed to go down to the lower level to coach to walk around because you would be going thru business class. So you were stuck in small area up stairs. They did have to let us go down to use the business class bathroom because ours broke. <BR>The service was excellent but i Would not do it again unless it was a complimentary upgrade. To us it was like being in a sardine can. With different aircrafts it might be a better experience. On our return we flew coach and the seats are much better in WTP but we could atleast move around.

Rae Oct 30th, 2002 02:02 AM

Depending on your route, try Virgin's Premium Economy - a much better service than BA and for (usually) less money....dedicated check-in, champagne, seperate cabin (which you are not restricted to!), priority luggage handling, own FAs....better value all round.

Lynn Oct 30th, 2002 05:15 AM

Thanks all for your advice, it appears that Virgin uses Malaysian airlines to fly to Australia from London, I don't think that Malaysia have a premium economy?

kate Nov 8th, 2002 10:29 AM

I've flown World Traveller Plus and Virgin Premium Economy. They're both great, and I highly recommend them for long journeys - the cost is worth it (at least if you can get a seat sale). I think BA's seats are a little more comfortable than Virgin's, but Virgin treats you better. (BA treats you like &quot;economy&quot; in a bigger seat - same meals, no check-in privileges, etc, while Virgin treats you like Business in a smaller seat.)

Lynn Nov 13th, 2002 07:47 AM

All<BR><BR>Thank you for your help. I will ask our travel agent to arrange to upgrade the tickets for us. About half of the time we used to get a row of three to ourselves travelling Qantas/BA to Australia from Europe but those days are behind us and I am sick of being squished and squishing my fellow passengers but I have never been able to justify paying for Business or using my points to upgrade when I can fly our son to visit us in Europe using the points. This seems a good compromise. I only wish I could fly AA Europe to Australia!