Reload this Page >

Non Refundable Tickets

Search

Non Refundable Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:03 AM
bought too soon

Non Refundable Tickets

Has anyone ever not been penalized for changing non refundable tickets. It's killing me that they've added an earlier flight which wasn't there when I purchased the tickets and I have to pay $100 per ticket (3 all together) to change the flight.<BR>And to top it off, it's to meet a cruise departing in Miami

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 09:09 AM
mercy

The airlines have the ability to waive the penalty, but you might find that in this day and age they are more reluctant to do so as the penalty is revenue for them. Try going stand by (no penalty) on the earlier flight.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Debbie

bought too soon,Have you thought about going on stand-by for that earlier flight? Just call the Airline and they will tell you how that earlier flight looks for people who want to stand-by.<BR>I did that with Continental Airlines and have no problem getting on that earlier flight.Good luck!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Ken

Effective immediately if you purchase a non-ref tkt on USAir you CANNOT standby on another flight -- other airlines are SURE to follow soon --- although they don't get together yo make these decisions you understand....

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:37 AM
sister

I'd go standy by before I ate $300.00. I bet you have good luck doing so. As another poster indicates, USAIR does not allow stand bys. I hope you aren't flying USAIR.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 01:07 PM
COresBoy

The thing about calling the airline about how the earlier flight looks for standby is that you would have to call the night before or the day of departure. Also, don't look for them to give you the numbers of seats available. We can't tell you. It's not that we don't want to, mind you. Good luck and have a good trip.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM
bought too soon

No not USAir, American Airlines. And now I see that they are offering the return flight into JFK. I was told they didn't have that "fare" coming into JFK so we're flying into LaGuardia on the return. Which I'm not thrilled about. But what can you do. We'll call for the standby at 3:00a.m. and see what happens. Thanks for all your help