Which type of plane

Apr 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Which type of plane

I will be using Contintental for my flight from BWI to GCM this June and the type of plane Contintenal said I will be on is a 737-800. I looked at Seatguru and they list 4 different versions of this plane. Does anyone know what version Continental uses? My flight is BWI-EWR-GCM.

BTW I dont like to fly and I am a sacred to death to flying (that is why I only fly 3-4 times a year) and I dont like the idea of flying on a small plane and it looks like it is a small plane I will flying on from BWI to EWR - D-8 Q400. I have tried all types of meds and breathing exercises to help with flying and have had no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Did you buy the ticket already?

If not, why not take Amtrak from Baltimore to EWR?

It's about 2.5 hour ride to the airport.

Can't help you with fear of flying.

I believe the major difference in the planes is the number of seats in first class. You should be able to tell which version of the plane you'll be flying by chosing seats on continental.com.

I'm sure rkkwan will be more helpful in that dept....

Reporting from Kabul. Watching ManU vs Arsenal on my laptop. Just few more minutes to go before Arsenal can forget about any titles this year. OTOH, if the score sticks(2:1 at the moment), it will be one giant step towards league title for ManU.

Go ManU!!!
Apr 13th, 2008, 08:55 AM

First, the Q400 is a large turboprop that seats 74. That's larger than most regional jets out there.

For the EWR-GCM trip, I checked the seatmaps on continental.com for a few dates in June, and they're all showing a version without the mid-cabin lavatories. So, it's "Version 3" on seatguru.com.

It has 16 first class seats and 141 coach seats. [If you're really unlucky, you may get a brand new 737-800 rotated on your flight, which is 16/144 with the addition of 29ABC - the reason I say unlucky is that these few brand new 2008-deliveries do not have any IFE for now. The other 738s have drop-down video and a few channels of audio.]

If you have further questions about Continental or your specific flights, let me know.
Apr 13th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

RKKWAN,

Thanks for the info. I will be flying 14-21. Is it common for CO to change equipment? Is the Q400 a newer plane?
Apr 13th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to ask we have a 2 hr and 10 min layover in EWR on our way home is that enough time to get through customs and immigration at EWR?
Apr 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Unlikely to change equipment. EWR-GCM is a 737-800, which is the most common plane in CO's fleet. They must have 3-4 at standby at EWR at anytime, so little chance or reason why it won't be a 738 for that flight.

The Q400 are brand new. They were delivered earlier this year, and started service about 2 months ago.

2:10 is a very comfortable time for transferring int'l to domestic at EWR.
Apr 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank for the help. Now I can relax a little.