What is Delta's "Million Miler Miles"

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed this today on the website, never seen it before, what is it?
It says I have 13,663....
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:42 AM

That's your lifetime Medallion Qualifying Miles you have. For 1M miles, you'll be awarded Silver Medallion for life. 2M, you get Gold; 4M, Platinum.
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:27 AM

Unfortunately Delta will only count butt-in-the-seat miles, so it's a loooong way to go.

American counts every mile for their 1 and 2M marks. CC, restaurants, mileage bonuses, flowers, bank deposits, etc., basically any AA mile you get from wherever it goes towards the million.
AA will give you Gold status for life of the program and 4 or 8(not sure) 500 mile e-upgrades once you reach 1M. For 2M, you will get Platinum status for life plus 4 E-VIPs, system wide upgrades good on any fare. There is no Executive Platinum lifetime marker.
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:59 AM

I looked up my MMM, and found that it's virtually impossible to figure out how they came up with that balance. My MMM is certainly more than I've ever flown them on a paid ticket. Since most of my Skymiles come from using their AMEX card, some of those MMM must have come from there.

My guess is that before certain date, all miles count towards MMM, but definitely not right now (or else I would have more).

Delta's FF program is one of the more confusing ones out there. And don't forget that super confusing switch from the previous DL FF miles to the current Skymiles. And now with the crap with 50%... I've given up on them, and have stopped using their AMEX card. Just wanting to spend all the Skymiles I have and get it over with. [I also find their Asian effort pathetic. I think they're down to one ATL-NRT flight in the whole region, and they don't fly to ICN to connect with their partner KL or TPE for their supposedly partner CI... very disappointing.]

Anyways, CO doesn't even keep track of "program-to-date miles" with their Onepass program. No million-miler program at all.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:25 PM

The American Airlines Million Miler proogram changed sometime in 2011. The only miles counted now are Medallion Qualifying Miles, although there is a temporary program in place by which credit card miles earned on an Citibank EXECUTIVE Mastercard which was in place as of December 1, 2011, will earn qualifying miles through the end of 2012. Since there is a program benefit under the Executive Master Card to book 10,000 EQM after the first $40,000 of annual charges, I am not sure how that works and whether this would increase the million miles account. We shall see what we shall see. Suffice it to say, however, that it appears that only flying will work now to get elite status on the AA program.
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Rkkwan is kind of right. You used to get milage credit towards the MM status based on the miles awarded. So for example a Nashville to Atlanta is 241 miles. Before the change you got thr credit for the DL standard 500 miles. Now you get 241.

I don't think Amex miles ever counted, but they might have.

That said, it is kind of worthless. It gets you lifetime Silver which....is not worth much