Website W/Photos of Airline Cabin Interiors?

May 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Website W/Photos of Airline Cabin Interiors?

I think I once saw a post where someone posted a link to a website that has photos of airplane cabin interiors.

Being claustrophobic and booked in business, I am wondering if the cabin will be so small that the extra seat and personal room will feel worse rather than better for me.

I like to be a long way from a wall in coach. However, the crowded seats and no leg room are not comfortable for me, either. I really want to know what I am getting into before I get on the flight.

Does anyone know of a website like this or did I imagine it?

Thanks for any advice.
May 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM

The photos were probably at airliners.net/search
May 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Trekker5211,

Thanks for the link.
May 28th, 2008, 02:48 AM

I was going to mention airliners.net but Trekker already has.

You can put in the airline and then click on 'Cabin Views'

These photos are taken by individuals, they are not airline promotional photos so you get the real thing.

There airline trip reports are pretty amazing, full of photos and details
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/ though you do have to scroll through a lot hoping to find a report on a particular airline

I think if you advise which route you are looking at people will come back with suggestions as to the best.
May 28th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

JamesA,

I looked at the link. I wasn't able to find what I wanted.

I want to see a cabin photo of United 777 on the ORD-HNL flight in economy+ and business. Seatguru has three (or more) 777-200's for United. I think the one I want is the "US" one not the WW 1, WW2, etc.

Thanks for the advice.
May 28th, 2008, 04:58 AM

>>I want to see a cabin photo of United 777 on the ORD-HNL flight in economy+ and business. <<
If you want to see the interior of the 777 that UA flies on that route, you most assuredly want the US version, since (barring an equipment swap) you will be flying on a bird with only 2 clases - NOT 3 class, and there will be no biz class.

The 2 class 777 is not nearly as nice as the 3 class, and F is not all that great. It's likely better than E+ for 9 hours, but nothing to get all worked up over.

Good luck! Dave
May 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Here's the page of UAL 777-200 cabin views: http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...ne_version=6.0

It is tough to tell which ones would be the 2-class service, but I'd think the first one (the flight somwhere over Indiana to DEN) would be a plane similar to a ORD-HNL flight.
May 28th, 2008, 01:47 PM

CWI...What specifically are you looking for? Version 2 is what you want......
May 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Trekker - None of those pictures is for the domestic FC that the OP will be on. Maybe one can find them in the trip reports, but not in the general photo database. That first photo is an international configuration plane with personal video. The domestic US ones to Hawaii don't, but with monitors above the aisle. Some of the photos show them, but they are really old pics from like 8-9 years ago.

Anyways, I don't know what the OP was worrying about. The 777 has a wide fuselage, so while the front cabin only has 5 rows of seats, it's in a 2-2-2 configuration with lots of room.

It'll definitely be much better than in the back with 2-5-2 seating.
May 28th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Dave,

Thanks, my mistake. I am booked in economy+, not business. I have business booked on a connecting flight instead. It was not available when I rebooked my flight over the weekend (UA had done an equip change from a 2-?-2 to a 3-3). I am not comfortable at all in the 3-3 config. They also reseated my SO and myself from two seats together on the 2 seat side of the aircraft to 10 rows away from one another. I really don't like the reseating fairy. I know it's done by a machine and the "claustrophobic, do not reseat" in the records as well as linked records means nothing with an equip change.

Looking on seatguru, I see what you mean on F Class. I am eligilble for it if seats become available. I don't know if it's worth the bother. I know I am really going to miss the video/game/etc. in the seat back in front of me. It's one of the things that makes a long flight almost tolerable for me. Watching what I select, rather than something that makes me more anxious than I already am is a godsend.

Trekker5211,

Thanks a lot for the link. You are kind indeed to find those photos for me.

BeachBoi,

I wanted to see what the economy+ and F Class cabins are like from a visual claustrophobic point of view.

Thanks again, for all the replies and info.
May 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM

You will miss the individual screen regardless of whether you sit in Economy Plus or first on the domestic 777. Both cabins have overhead screens.

Have you tried calling United to at least get seats together?
May 28th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Sorry, I missed that rkkwan mentioned the overhead video above; I didn't scroll far enough to the right.
May 30th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

ms_go,

Thanks for the advice. The overhead screens only are correct for the flights.

I finally got it straigth from the links here and seatguru.

We do have seats together. We changed flights to get them and the 2-5-2 seating instead of the 3-3 seating.

What we lost was the individual screens. We were so glad to get the two seat side of the aircraft that we didn't remember the overhead screens.

The original flights had two seats and the screens.

Oh, well. I am looking into getting one of those MP3/video things.

Thanks again, everyone for the advice and info.

Jun 1st, 2008, 08:49 AM

Check out www.seatguru.com
They have seating plans on most airlines and the equipment they use. From the seating plan, you can see what's preferred and what's not.