Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Air Travel (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/)
-   -   want to book flight moment biopsy results in! (https://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/want-to-book-flight-moment-biopsy-results-in-926548/)

go_laura Mar 5th, 2012 05:15 PM

want to book flight moment biopsy results in!

So, biopsy results are due in tomorrow, and Fri. surgery left reason to be optimistic.

However, it puts us at less than 2 weeks from vacation date, to be able to book air and hotel.

This is my first time not having booked a flight ahead, to get better rates. It just felt a little too risky. Any tips other than the usual suspects such as cheapoair, fly.com, kayak and booking.com, to find affordable rates?

I am determined to go on this vacation!

abram Mar 5th, 2012 06:05 PM

I can't answer your question, but just wanted to wish you the best possible biopsy results.

Jeff_Costa_Rica Mar 5th, 2012 07:02 PM

I wish you well on your test results too. I'll be thinking about you. :)

I take it you have a destination in mind. If that turns out to be too expensive at less than two weeks, could you be flexible in your destination? Do you have other options there?

rkkwan Mar 5th, 2012 09:23 PM

Where are you and where do you want to go?

go_laura Mar 6th, 2012 05:58 PM

Thanks, all, and delay in results, so won't know til tomorrow. Appreciate the good wishes!

We're starting from Philadelphia, and actually don't so much have a particular destination in mind, as much as know we want complete relaxation, and not too much travel time.

Given that, I'd gotten some location ideas on the Florida board, but am definitely open to others. Even considering all-inclusive on the Carribbean somewhere, tho' usually that's not our cup of tea at all, we prefer exploring new places, and mixing the sunshine and beach with learning new towns, exploring either history, architecture, indy shops, restaurants. But right now, given several health challenges between us recently and crazy work life for one of us, now the goal is pure relaxation!!

annw Mar 7th, 2012 09:23 PM

No advice, but wishing you the best!

CarolA Mar 8th, 2012 12:43 PM

You may have already booked, but Apple vacations is having a good AI sale for this spring... not sure it would help you but..

Crossing my fingers results where what you hoped for :)

go_laura Mar 13th, 2012 07:12 PM

Thanks for the good wishes, all, very heartwarming to get well wishes from people I don't even know! I was lucky this time, a problem was found but not a terribly serious one. I feel very grateful and my honey and I are heading to Sanibel Island to relax from the stress of that and other stuff! Didn't get the best flight deal but could have been worse, and got a condo due to someone's cancellation (boy, was finding something available, in our price range, harder than I thought it would be!)

MomDDTravel Mar 14th, 2012 02:18 AM

wonderful news Laura!!!! I went to Hawaii after a similar experience and I have to be honest - having been blessed to travel a lot in my life - it was one of the BEST trips of my life time - everything was so much sweeter, more beautiful and I was so appreciative! ENJOY!

Jeff_Costa_Rica Mar 14th, 2012 05:33 AM

So happy to hear your good news! :) Have a great trip. You deserve it.

tenthumbs Mar 14th, 2012 04:09 PM

As usual, I'm late to the party........but next time, you might try Last Minute Getaways on Travelocity. I keep telling myself I'm going to schedule a long weekend and take advantage of one of those deals, but I'm too much of a serial planner and not spontaneous enough to do it. Yet.

Glad you didn't get bad news! :)