LAX Delta to Air France layover time

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying to Paris on the A380 Air France flight and coming in on a Delta flight operated by Compass Airlines. Our original turnaround at LAX was a few hours, but they keep moving our flight so now we get in at 3:06 and leave again at 3:50. My gut says this is not enough time, even though we will be carrying on our luggage. Could someone with experience please advise on whether I should insist (the first time I called Delta they told me they would have to rebook the whole thing??) or if this should be sufficient. Thanks!
Old May 17th, 2014, 02:30 PM

That's only 44 minutes for you to deplane, exit the terminal, walk or take a shuttle bus to the International terminal, clear TSA and get to your departure gate to board your AF flight. I don't see how you can possibly make the connection even if your inbound flight was "on time" let alone if there was a slight delay on your inbound flight.

Remember, the AF flight will begin boarding about just about the time you'll be deplaning from the Delta flight and the gate agents "close" the boarding process a few minutes earlier than scheduled take-off time so you actual connection time is going to be somewhat less than the 44 minutes "on the schedule".
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. That is what I thought too.
Old May 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM

I would definitely change my flights as that schedule would be next to impossible at LAX. We have flown on that Air France flight several times and there are tons of people in the boarding area and they start boarding about an hour before departure. I don't know where Compass comes into LAX but if it is anywhere near the Delta Terminal it is a long ways away.
Old May 17th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I was able to change the flight in so now we'll have plenty of time. I would hate to start out a vacation by missing a flight! Anyway thank you for confirming my suspicions. I was surprised that they would actually schedule such a tight turnaround.
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Glad you did that. Even with Air France moving last year from Terminal 2 to Tom Bradley in the middle of the LAX horseshoe, Delta is served by terminals 5 and 6, a hella long way from even TB!