US Airways Lounge Access

Jan 4th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

US Airways Lounge Access

I am flying on an international first class ticket in February on US Airways. Will I have access to the club lounges in Charlotte?
Jan 4th, 2009, 07:21 AM

US Airways does not offer overseas first class. It would have helped had you provided a bit more useful information.

If you are taking a US Airways flight from Charlotte to some other place in N America, and then connecting to an overseas flight, then you will not have access to the lounge in CLT. If you are flying from CLT to Canada or Mexico or somewhere in the Caribbean, then you will not have lounge access. However, if you hold Star Alliance Gold status, then you would have access.
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM

If OP means international FC to Canada, Mexico or Caribbean, then no.

If OP means international business class - Envoy - then yes.
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM

BTW, I don't know if they still have those 6 Envoy Sleeper flat-bed seats in Row 1 on their A333? That'd be equivalent to a true international FC.
Jan 5th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your answer. I do not have an Envoy ticket. I am flying to Mexico. I usually fly Delta and they offer lounge access for anyone with an international first class ticket, but I think they call it Business Elite. Thanks again.
Jan 5th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Most (if not all) US airlines do not offer lounge access for first class customers for Canada, Mexico and Caribbean. Because those are the same as domestic first class service.

Lounge access are provided for international business class (and international first class if available) for longhaul service to Asia, Europe, and southern S. America, etc.