UA Polaris biz class seats

Nov 19th, 2019, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

UA Polaris biz class seats

Even if you book a UA Polaris class ticket it does necessarily mean you will get the new Polaris class seats. Not all planes have been updated. How you know which ones you have? Look at the seat chart. If the seats are orange its the old seats, blue then its the new ones which are more comfortable I hear.
We booked ORD-PEK on UA and got Polaris. However after booking the 777 aircraft was changed from the 2-2-2 (blue) back to the old 2-4-2 (orange).
You will still have the Polaris amenities otherwise and the Polaris lounge in ORD is light years ahead of the United Club there, all good. I do hope before we leave in late January they will go back to the 2-2-2. On Flyertalk I was told this may happen. Just have to keep checking.
I hope this helps some of you.
Larry

Last edited by jacketwatch; Nov 19th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
Nov 20th, 2019, 10:32 PM

The actual plane allocated for your flight may change multiple times between ticketing and takeoff. Not much you can do about it other than periodically check to be sure you have not been moved to a less desirable seat.
Nov 21st, 2019, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
The actual plane allocated for your flight may change multiple times between ticketing and takeoff. Not much you can do about it other than periodically check to be sure you have not been moved to a less desirable seat.
Actually we selected the first row originally, window and aisle on the right sid when it was the 2-2-2. After the switch to the 2-4-2 configuration they assigned us to row 6 window and aisle on the right side. This is the first row of this section. There is still a section of I think 8 seats in front of us for Global Service members which as of yesterday is still unassigned and unavailable to select.
Thank you .