UA FF TIx s turned in -UA sends vouchers

Oct 1st, 2010, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

UA FF TIx s turned in -UA sends vouchers

For a variety of reasons I had to turn in ff tixs (have never done this in my life). the charge to do this was just killing me so I talked to the agent on the phone and asked about adjustments, this that and the other. At first she read me the rules and said no. I kept at it, saying how I was a loyal UA customer forever (which is true). Finally she came back on the phone and said they would send me an email to compensate me, but couldn't tell me what was in the email. I figured bite the bullet and turn the miles in, pay the charge and hope for a halfway decent something from UA. When the email came I had 3 choices -- a $200 discount on a domestic trip, a 10% discount on an economy ticket anywhere UA flies or 9000 miles. That sure took the sting out of the fee ($150) for turning the miles in. Just wanted to point out some nice customer service by UA -- albeit with some prodding on my part.
Oct 1st, 2010, 05:49 PM

Glad to know that you had a good result. Thanks for sharing the good news. As another very loyal UA flyer, I like hearing good news about them.

Search this Thread