From JFK to Newark Airport

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From JFK to Newark Airport

I would like to know the fastest, easiest way to get from JFK Airport to EWR, Newark Liberty International Airport. I do not have a lot of time between plane connections. Any suggestions would be welcomed. I will arrive at 1.05 PM and my connection start at 17.14 (Newark)
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:27 AM

The fastest is to go by private helicopter charter but that will be VERY expensive. The easiest is to take a car service. You don't say what day you are traveling but assuming it's a weekday the trip between the two airports by car service should take about an hour (perhaps 15 to 20 minutes longer if you hit traffic. Next easiest would be to take a taxi.

You can find a list of car service companies and taxi rates here:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-t...html#carandvan
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:21 AM

You should definitely arrange a private car to take you (not a regular yellow taxi, which will be much more expensive). This trip will cost well over $100 (with tolls and tip) and could take up to an hour if traffic is heavy (there could be as much as $16 to $18 in tolls, but I'm not sure how much the tolls are on the NJ Turnpike, though you aren't on it very long). The most direct route from JFK goes over Staten Island and crosses two toll bridges.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:36 AM

The current cost for a private car, including tolls, is $128.00. A tip is expected on top of that. Because of the additional time associated with renting a car, as well as the interstate drop fee, renting a car is impractical for this trip. I agree that a metered taxi would be too costly.