Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Trouble getting frequent flyer credit from Air France for Sky Team miles?

Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

It's happened again. I flew to IAD from CDG last Sunday on Air France 24 which is a code share flight for the Delta/Northwest program and did not get credit in my Northwest account for this travel. I contacted both NW and Delta but they say that they can't credit on the code share flight until/unless Air France submits the info to them first. To fix this, I sent my original boarding pass (which prominently displays my Northwest World Perks number) and a copy of my electronic ticket receipt withe the e-ticket number from Delta. I expect the credit to appear within a few weeks.

While I trust the miles will show up in my World Perks account, this is probably the 5th time that I have this problem with Air France travel. Is it just me or do others have this problem?
Aug 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM

AF is historically a bit sloppy with mileage credit. But remember: "Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in A, L, N, O, G, or X class..." so first be sure you are not in one of those.
Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Nope, not the problem. It's a Y fare and as a code share, it always gets counted. I've done this drill with them 5 times in the past 3 years and given how automatic FF miles are credited elsewhere it is a bit frustrating. I've mailed the originals to NWA (as they requested) and I'm sure the miles will appear in about 10 days. Just seems to be more effort than should be required to pick up 9,000 miles!
Aug 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM

When flying a partner airline it can often take additional time for miles to post. If it was a codeshare and you flew on a Northwelta flight # there should be no problem getting the credit, just may take a bit longer than if it had been operated by NW.
Aug 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

The Worldperks folks suggested I submit for this---makes me a bit less than confident that AF will get the miles to my NWA account.
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:03 AM

This is one reason why I like UA. You can apply for missing mileage credit on line. No need to send in your original boarding passes anymore. I have had to do this a couple of times with missing SwissAir miles, but they have always come through after I send in my flight information.

Hope you get your miles, RandyK.
Sep 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

My miles appeared today! My wife's are still missing, but yesterday a service center agent in Detroit suggested that I go to the Delta website and enter my wife's e-ticket number and her SkyMiles number. Because the flight was also a Delta codeshare and the ticket was issued by Delta, she thinks it will work. When the miles show, I'll transfer them to WorldPerks which should give us enough for business class for next year's trip to Europe. I'm giving it a go!