travelling the world

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 12:16 PM
James

travelling the world

Hiya,
Looking to travel the world and was wondering if anyone has experience with an around the world ticket? Looking to spend 2-3 months travelling from Greece to Mauritus to Australia to New Zealand to Singapore to Hong Kong etc.... Just not quite sure where to start...travel agent?

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 08:09 PM
John

Here's a copy of a response I posted to a similar question on the Europe forum:

Check out http://www.airtreks.com/index.html
Most major international airlines have ATW fares, some with mileage limits that prevent doubling back, etc., or "northern" (eg Japan) vs. "southern" (eg Australia) pricing depending on carrier.
Happy planning!

Old Oct 2nd, 1999, 12:34 AM
Nellie

Your best best for a RTW fare is the Oneworld round the word (using the Oneworld member carriers AA BA CP CX QF IB AY). Payment 7 days before dep, min stay 10 days max 12 months. They have 3/4/5/6 continents fare levels. The only thing is you cannot backtract a continent. You can backtrack within the continent. You baggage allowance is even the generous 2pcs on all segments for your flights. Date changes are free but routing change which requires ticket reissuance will have a penalty. Go to a travel agent who will guide you to go where you want then ask the travel agent to request one of the Oneworld carriers to price your ticket.

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Kathy

Hi - I had a great time with the American Airlines One World pass. First called the airline myself, then went with a travel agent to help with the details. Sometimes they get better prices. Flew NY - London - Israel-London-Bangkok (could have gone to Hong Kong also)-Singapore-Perth & all around Australia. You may find that United Airlines has the destinations you want, but I found American & it's partners to be really good. Would recommend business class over coach if you can afford it. If you're travelling for long stretches, it makes a huge difference both in the air and on the ground - the ticket gets you in to the airline clubs & makes waiting much better. Plus the ticket is a little more flexible. Have fun.

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 08:11 AM
gtc

Had a great trip on a Round the World fare with United a few years ago. Saved a lot of money as well. I think United has a website for United Vacations. United as so many more alliance airlines now, it should be even better.

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 11:36 AM
Rosalinda

Hi James:

My son has just left on a world trip.

We did a lot of searching on the web and found the best deal at www.adventurecenter.com.

Give it a try and happy trails!

Old Nov 14th, 1999, 03:39 PM
lindi

The following is a website called Round the World Travel Guide and it also contains journals by people who've travelled around the world: http://rec.travelmate.com/rtw/html
I think you'll find it very useful. I'm 18 and I also want to travel around the world, or actually I wanna be a Foreign Service Officer. So right now I'm just dreaming about it... good luck! lindi

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 10:50 PM
RENE

HI JAMES,
I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS ONE
WWW.TICKETPLANET.COM
IT REALLY GOT THE BEST PRICES!!!!!!!
BON VOYAGE!!!!!