traveling to London and Rome with Medications

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping someone could please help, I am traveling to both London and Rome and have an illness that I need to take 3 prescription medications.
These medications are bottled with my name and Dr. name and dosages only one is a low dose pain medication that I have to take 2 times a day.
What should I do as far as Documentation? I traveled to Mexico without knowing all of this conversation stating I need all of this documentation to present to
customs and frankly the customs never even asked about them but perhaps these countries are different. Any advice would be so appreciated thanks so much
Old May 1st, 2018, 03:34 AM

In 35+ years of world travel (making multiple trips every year = literally hundreds of flights in that time) I have never once been asked by any customs or security official about any prescription drugs I've carried regardless if it's been a week's worth of pills or as much as six month worth. And, for what it is worth, I rarely carry my medications in their original bottles and NEVER have brought any "documentation" with me.

by the way, in that period I've been to London and Rome numerous times.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:18 AM

Best bet is to carry your prescription medications in a bottle with the pharmacy label attached. You likely may never be questioned about the meds, but this is something easy to do that will have you prepared just in case. In addition, if something should happen while traveling that requires medical attention your providers will appreciate having that info readily available.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You don't need any "further documentation". Your own prescriptions in the bottles with the pharmacy labels on them is plenty. It's the same for Mexico, so I'm not sure what exactly you heard differently.
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:11 AM

Pills in the pharmacist's labeled bottle are fine. Further documentation is often needed when your prescription is something that needs injected.

I have a friend who is diabetic and flies a lot. He does need to pull out the letter when they see the bag of needles.
Old May 4th, 2018, 06:15 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
OP received a ton of responses on her other thread (more than 40) . . . But hasn't returned to either one so not sure if she is reading them.