Notices

Travel to London/Paris/Rome

Aug 24th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Travel to London/Paris/Rome

Need some guidance on how to arrange a travel for my husband and I for our first time to Europe. We are departing from the Washington, DC area. Travel dates are September 30th - October 11th. We are looking for recommendations on how to arrange travel - DC - London - Paris - Rome. In addition, need guidance on where to stay in the cities. Is there a site you all recommend to arrange the travel and hotel? What is the best way to arrange the train travel between London and Paris. We are also thinking of a day trip in Rome to Venice or Amalfi coast. Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Mimi
Aug 25th, 2015, 07:40 AM

You have a mere 10 days. Trying to visit three major cities in that amount of time will mean you have just two full days in each city. And the idea that you could take a day trip to Venice from Rome... no way. You lose half a day to most of a day each time you change locations (figure from when you check out of your lodgings in one place until you check in to your lodgings in the next location) Do you want to spend a third of your time in Europe in transit? I'd strongly suggest you choose two cities. Fewer locations means more time to enjoy what you cam to Europe for.

Pick up a couple of guidebooks to help you begin to plan. Do some research, then post your question on the Europe board. If you want assistance in planning, you need to provide info on what your interests are, and if you want help on hotel selection, let us know what your budget is.

Search this Thread