Tight Delta Connection- Salt Lake City

May 29th, 2007, 03:46 PM
lvk
Original Poster

Tight Delta Connection- Salt Lake City

I am looking at flights from LAX-Missoula, MT. I usually sort by shortest flight time, and Delta's flights look the most attractive. However, their time between flights at SLC shows either 25 minutes or 45 minutes. This does not seem like enough time to me, especially during the busy (and possibly icy and snowy) holiday season.

Does anyone have any experience or advice about tight connections in SLC?

The other flights I am looking at are United connecting through Denver and Alaska connecting through Seattle.

Thanks!
May 29th, 2007, 04:01 PM

45 minutes would be OK. 25 is probably cutting it too short. Of course, this is all assuming your inbound is on time. I've made 30+ minute connections at SLC from mainline to Skywest (usually concourse E) and vice versa. You can walk between the concourses and SLC isn't that big. I wouldn't do it though if you're connecting to the last flight of the day.

Keep in mind there may be multiple schedule changes between now and the holiday season, so the schedule you book now may be totally different from what you end up with. If a schedule change causes you to be uncomfortable with your connection time, ask to be reaccomodated.
Jun 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM

Not that it's a super huge deal, but keep in mind, too, that from SEA-MSO on Horizon, there will be a stop either outbound or return in Kalispell. No plane change; you don't even get off. You're on the ground for only about 15 - 20 minutes, but it's still an additional stop in your itinerary. That is unless something has changed from when I was flying AS/QX all the time. All of the Montana destinations are done in a triangle.
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM

I don't know about SLC, but Delta held my flight when my family flew thru Cincinatti. We originally had a 35 min. connection, but flight delays caused a 5 min. connection. Our bags and my family made it to the flight, thanks to Delta.

Search this Thread