Thomas Cook Baggage Limt

Mar 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thomas Cook Baggage Limt

My wife and I are flying from Manchester to Corfu via Thomas Cook airlines. The ticket says that there is a 15kg (33lbs) limit per person. I am wondering if they strictly enforce this limit or not? Anybody have any experience?
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM

European airlines almost always weigh checked luggage and enforce the limit and charge you extra if exceeded. I don't see why Thomas Cook should be different.
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM

Enforcement veries from airport to airport. In Corfu, you are unlikely to be asked to pay more if you are a little over weight. In Manchester, it very much depends on the check in staff. You can usually go a bit over there as well. If you check the Thomas Cook website, you can pay extra for a higher luggage4 allowance. If you think you need to do this it is much cheaper to do it in advance. Thomas Cook has just about the best check in service and reps at Corfu airport. The airport, as you may well know is truly chaotic on Mondays and Fridays with long queues outside. Thomas Cook have a shaded area for people to sit.

When are you flying? I go to Corfu a lot, if you are interested there is a very good website (agni taverna corfu travel guide) with lots of info on Corfu.

Carolena

Search this Thread