Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Swiss International - Business Class - Europe

May 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me if they block out the middle seats in European Business class as do British Airways
May 6th, 2009, 07:23 AM

Yes. You also get a "better" meal, free booze, and lounge access. However, many coach exit rows on Swiss will give you FAR more legroom than you will get up front - row 10 on the A321, for example.

Personally, I can think of no bigger waste of money than European "Business" Class. I will fly it when connecting to a long-haul flight up front, but would never pay for it when flying, say, London-Zurich.
May 10th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Original Poster

Found this on the intenet, can anyone confirm

was travelling in Business Class and it’s worth noting that Swiss does not keep the middle seat free. The seats in Business Class are the same as in economy, although it seemed to me that there is slightly more legroom in Business. I was in the window seat, and as the flight was very busy there were two passengers in the seats next to me.
May 11th, 2009, 08:26 AM

Blightyboy
Everytime I've travelled Swiss Business, most years when I go to Switzerland, the central seal has NOT been used, if it was I'd be very annoyed. I can only suggest that they were used because the flight was busy. In addition one gets a meal and alcohol if you want it as opposed to the muffin and coffee in a cardboard cup in economy. I know it's only a short flight but for me it's part of the holiday.
May 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

tipsygus
Thanks for your response, I accept that it is a short flight but when the client offers to fly me business class I accept, who would not