Notices

summer airfare to London

Jan 24th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

summer airfare to London

I want to fly from Atlanta to London on June 19 and return Sept. 12, although I am somewhat flexible with the dates. Both BA and Delta, which I usually use, are showing economy fares above $1300. Cheapoair, which I have never heard of, shows $1163 on KLM (operated by Delta). All of these fares include taxes.
Has anyone had any experience with Cheapoair (bad or good)?
Many thanks.
Jan 24th, 2012, 03:38 PM

No experience with Cheapoair. The Olympics in London have probably pushed the prices up. Have you thought about flying to Amsterdam or Paris and then getting an onward flight to London, or will that still be around the same price.
Jan 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM

Cheapoair is a consolidator. Your $200 or so in savings comes at a potential price in terms of flexibility, change penalties, frequent flier mileage accrual and numerous other factors. Be careful.

Personally, I'd probably wait a bit before booking long trips in the middle of the summer, especially bracketing the Olympics.

Or have a look at flying into Dublin - often $300 or so cheaper than into the UK proper. You can fly from DUB to LHR for about 40 bucks.
Jan 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM

If it was LAX to LHR, I'd go Air New Zealand -- I can always find deals with them -- although not sure about this summer because as Gardyloo noted, you're dealing with the Olympics.

I used to use consolidators, but as Gardyloo also noted, there are substantial restrictions.

Search this Thread