Smoking on Airlines

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Les

Smoking on Airlines

I'm thinking of travelling to Japan next year but can anyone tell me if any of Japanese Airlines are totally non-smoking ?

Nov 5th, 2002, 08:01 PM
mariko

Yes. Isn't that great?

Nov 6th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Gavin

I have never seen a happier group of people than the Japanese tourists puffing away outside the terminal presumably after a long smoke free flight.

Nov 7th, 2002, 04:21 AM
Les

Which airlines offer non-smoking flights then ???

Nov 7th, 2002, 12:34 PM
XXX

Any flight either originating or terminating in the United States by law must be 100% non smoking.

Thank goodness for that.

On a personal level, I have never understood why any airline would allow smoking. God forbid the oxygen masks come down with some nitwit puffing away on his or her cancer stick.

Smoking is totally incompatible with safety on airlines travelling at attitude above the point where pax could survive without oxygen.

Nov 7th, 2002, 01:11 PM
smoker

I can't for the life of me figure out why they serve beer, wine and spirits on a flight - god forbid the oxygen masks come down and some nitwit is drunk and stupid and starts pulling them out of the dropshoot!

Nov 7th, 2002, 01:22 PM
MixingApplesandOranges

Smoker -

You might want to try looking up "analogous" in the dictionary - then try again.

Nov 7th, 2002, 01:25 PM
xxx

Tell me smoker the last time alcohol spontaneously caused a fire when oxygen was present.

Same can't be said about smoking, now could it.

You can certainly do without that cancer stick for a couple of hours...it might help clear your lungs. It certainly will help keep my lungs clear.

OTOH, your drinking of alcohol will do nothing to my digestive or circulatory system so this bs about any relationship between the vice of drinking and the vice of smoking is imbeciic.

Nov 8th, 2002, 05:26 AM
kjj

Hey, making flight non-smoking was the best thing that ever happened. If you want to smoke, just wait.......hope it is a really long flight.

Nov 8th, 2002, 07:51 AM
duh!

Get this craft back on-course!

The question was "are any Japanese Airlines totally non-smoking?" - not "What is your opinion about smoking"

and no, I do not smoke, but get a bit tired of "non-replies" to questions in these forums.

Qquot;Where can I get a great hot chocolate near Rockerfeller Center?"

A#1quot;You shouldn't drink it, it rots your teeth"

A#2quot;You will get fat"

Just like actual questions ain't it?

Nov 8th, 2002, 11:44 AM
J Correa

Smoking isn't allowed on ANA airlines. I believe that JAL is also non-smoking, but I am not positive.