Anyone used webjet.com?

Old Sep 6th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone used webjet.com?

Somehow I stumbled upon this site webjet.com. It has a flight that I like for a schedule and price I like, but I am leery of booking thru a site about which I know nothing. Googling brings up that they are an offshoot of an Australian travel booking website.

Also, when I called the airline (Delta) to check on this flight (because it did not come up on their search engine), it was legit, but it was about $100 more buying thru the airline. Makes me even more leery.

Anybody bought a ticket thru this outfit and been satisfied? Or dissatisfied I guess.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 07:34 AM

Hi,

Yes, I have booked a couple tickets with them earlier this year. Everything went just fine. Got my confirmation email and the ticket was booked. Didn't have to call them or anything so pretty much exactly the same as when I have booked directly with an airline or through Expedia etc.

Webjet has been around for a long time in Australia then New Zealand & the UK that I know of, possibly other countries too? They have expanded to the US earlier this year.

Happy Travels!
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks jmike. Sounds good to me. Appreciate your posting.
Old Sep 7th, 2010, 02:52 PM

I have used them as well the only problem I had was an slight error on their part I booked a flight for January 2009 in December 2008 and the person entering it put in the wrong year - it happens but once I got the conformation and emailed them it was quickly fixed. I flew 3 different airlines and as far as they went it was easy check in, everything fine. an of course you will know that the price is right compared to Quantas on most runs.
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Just wanted to finish up this thread with info that might be helpful to someone down the road. I did indeed purchase my tickets from webjet.com as their price was cheaper than buying directly from Delta. I was a bit scared after I clicked the submit button because I did not immediately get a confirmation email.

However, the site did say transactions would be completed within 24 hours and the next morning I had the confirmation and eticket attachment. When I went to delta.com and input my eticket number, my bookings were there. Very satisfied so far.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Do not book with webjet.com!!!!!!
This company has no regard for the customer. Once you book a flight on webjet.com, that's it. No customer service in case of any problems!!!

On July 2nd, 2011, I purchased a return ticket from Chicago O'Hare to Cologne via webjet.com. My original booking was supposed to leave ORD at 4:51pm on December 10th, 2011, arriving in LHR at 6:55 am, December 11th, leaving LHR at 9:05 am, December 11th, and arriving in Cologne at 11:30 am. Yesterday I checked on my itinerary and found that my outgoing flight had changed to leaving ORD at 3:50 pm, December 10th, arriving in London Heathrow at 5:55 am on December 11th, leaving LHR at 10:35 am, arriving in Cologne at 1pm, December 11th. Webjet.com did not notify me of those changes. I called them this morning, and requested to be put on another flight to Cologne in order to avoid the almost 5 hour layover time at Heathrow, incurred through the changing flight times. Webjet.com explained that they have to call Continental Airlines first to obtain permission to change me on a different flight. I never got a call back from webjet.com. I called Continental Airlines, and the airline told me that, since I had booked my flight at webjet.com, it was webjet.com who have to change my flight to Cologne from Chicago. I asked Continental if they could put me on a flight from ORD to Frankfurt, and from there I could take a train to Cologne; at least this way I would not have to wait at Heathrow for so many hours. Again, Continental Airlines told me that I had to contact webjet.com for this. When I contacted webjet.com, asking me to put me on a flight to Frankfurt from ORD, they said that they have to contact Continental Airlines for permisssion. I feel very vulnerable as a customer, and not being treated fairly. It seems that nobody wants to take the blame for not notifying me of the changes and for not apologizing for the inconvenience incurred. I feel that I should be entitled to compensation for having me wait for almost five hours at London Heathrow. I am very disappointed with webjet.com's customer service and Continental Airlines's service as well, since they could have also notified the customer for changing the flight times. The manager at webjet.com even said to me that the layover time "is not too bad".
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM

And your flight could change again between now and December--maybe even more than once. Many of us have had similar experiences--and I, for one, don't think you're entitled to compensation for having 2 1/2 hours added to your layover.

It actually makes sense to me that Continetal expected you to deal with webjet, since that's with whom you made your reservation, and that webjet would have needed to communicate with Continental. I may have missed it, but I don't see what the final outsome of your conversations with webjet is.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM

This is pretty typical when you book through ANY online agent and not through the airline itself.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Yes I have booked tickets on webjet although when you search for flights I think you don't get all alternatives for flights. I also like bestflights.com.au where it has a list of all the specials available for each continent and you can filter by departure month or airport.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM

BBB Accredited Business since 05/25/2011
Webjet Marketing North America LLC
(888) 993-2538View Additional Phone Numbers607 S Magnolia Ave Ste 2, Tampa, FL 33606-2725http://www.webjet.com

A minus rating pretty good complaint above bogus...

Fine for me...
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 04:58 AM

I BOUGHT 5 ROUND TRIP TICKETS JFK TO CDG LAST YEAR AT AN AMAZINGLY CHEAP PRICE. THEY WERE JUST STARTING THEIR USA BUSINESS. I WAS VERY NERVOUS SINCE THE PRICE WAS SO LOW. I CHECKED THEM OUT AND FOUND NO NEGATIVE REVIEWS.
THE TICKETS WERE LEGIMATE AND I SAVED ABOUT $1500. ON THE 4 TICKETS
I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE THEM AGAIN
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Sorry for the caps in the above post. Just saw my mistake
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 05:42 PM

I recommend you don't use them. They are well known in Australia for poor service - they rate 1.5 stars and it would be lower if the rating site allowed zero star ratings to be entered. Check out the Australian reviews at http://www.productreview.com.au/p/webjet.html
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 04:15 AM

We made three bookings through webjet, two fell through. One they said was pending and they would contact us, they never did and never made the booking so we were without a hotel that we thought was booked. Another they cancelled a booking, emailed us with only a reference number, and did not give a reason AFTER sending an email saying it was a confirmed and payed for booking. When we talked to customer service, after two hours mostly on hold we were told to just check in and get the same rate from the hotel we had booked, but they did not call the hotel to confirm there was room or that they would be open. We got to a hotel without a night desk at midnight, were given the phone number for a company that was not even webjet to deal with problems, and sat on a street in Melbourne at one in the morning trying to find a hotel. They never offered to book something else for us, cover any of our cost, or even an apology for leaving a pregnant woman on the street without a hotel at one in the morning. Only use them if you don't mind losing your booking with no warning, but letting them hang on to your money for a couple weeks while they refund it. More like a scam than a legit booking company.
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 02:55 AM

I have booked through webjet for about 3 or 4 domestic Australian fares and had no issues. I find cheaper fares on bestflights.com.au for internatinal.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM

Used them through their Australian site - webjet.com.au
Really bad experience in so many ways.
After my wife had to delay travel for a couple of days they made it almost impossible to do so we had to book an additional fair for her for the 1st leg.
then they cancelled her flight on the 2nd leg.
Their contact number was continually engaged, so we then had to buy a replacement ticket because we couldn't get through from the airport.
When i finally did it took 40 mins which is ridiculous.
And they were completely unapologetic about the whole experience.
I will never be using them again.
Worst travel company i have ever dealt with.
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Webjet.com is the worst online airline ticket agent I have come across, and I travel a lot. They are incompetent and offer error-ridden service. Full of excuses and blaming others for their errors. Webjet.com is not a serious company. I suspect it is run by a couple of bumblers set up in their kitchen. Never again!
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 12:31 PM

DO NOT USE THEM! Don't even think about it.
They booked me a ticket that connected through a different airport than the one to which I was arriving. It was completely impossible to get from my starting point to my final destination. I was stranded in the airport and had to book a different flight on the spot for much more than I would have otherwise paid.
They refused to refund my money.
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM

DO NOT USE WEBJET. I recently booked travel through Wevjet and received a confirmation from them that I had a ticket on a British Airways flight that, unbeknownst to me had been CANCELLED MONTHS BEFORE! When I tried to print my boarding pass, I was "locked out" by BA and their customer service told me that I could get my boarding pass at the airport. When I arrived at the BA desk, I learned that the flight did not exist any longer and I was only able to get space on a very inconvenient flight (six hour layover in Dublin airport) that was neither non-stop nor in "premium economy" seat. I wish I had checked the previous reviews before I used Webjet.

I have contacted them and have received and an insulting reply noting that I was responsible for checking my own flights and when I replied to their comments, I have not received a reply as of this date. They also "messed up" my return flight. Although British Airways told me that the booking agent (Webjet) has the responsibility for this difficulty, I have been unable to learn how BA accepted payment for a non-existent flight. BA had not responded to my e-mail sent last week.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM

Having used Webjet last year, we tried to make a reservation to South Africa on the 15th of June.We received no email confirmation as promised so waited until today to call them to ask about the confirmation, since we wanted to book seats on the plane. They explained that an email was sent to us on the 15th telling us there was a problem with the airline and no reservation was made. They said they got a non-delivery notice, but failed to follow up with us to let us know that they failed in making the booking. This is a bereavement trip and we needed to get those seats.

Their associates were very cavalier and offered no alternative solutions. They did however charge our credit card for the non existent reservations. We were able to fix that through the eminently better customer service of Capital One Bank. Never again for Webjet. Abjectly poor customer service. Zero out of 10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -