Schengen visa inquiry

Nov 15th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Schengen visa inquiry

I'm going to be heading to Amsterdam in March via Paris but I have to go through passport control in Paris to go from 2E to 2F but I won't be leaving CDG. I'm wondering if I should issue the Schengen from the French or Dutch embassy?
Nov 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM

If Amsterdam (or the Netherlands in general) are your main destination where you plan to spend all or most of your time then you will apply at the Dutch embassy, regardless of your point of entry to the Schengen area.
It also does not matter if you leave CDG or not, as you go thru same passed passport control at CDG and then have entered the Schengen area, regardless whether you continue your journey to AMS or step outside the airport building to breathe some Fre(n)ch air (sufficient transfer time assumed).
Nov 16th, 2014, 08:45 AM

Without knowing what country's passport you plan to tavel on, there is no way of anyone here even knowing if you need a Schengen visa. You would not be the first person to ask about a visa when in fact they don't even need one.

IF you need one, then you should apply to the country where you will spend your first night or the majority of your time as Cowboy1968 says.
Nov 18th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

I do need one since I'm on a Saudi passport and I've issued a Schengen before but the flights were direct and I stayed in only 1 country so it was Pretty clear which embassy to to back then but thanks for the advice I'm probably going to issue it from the Dutch Embassy

Search this Thread